Sr. Technology Innovation Designer (Sr Engineer System Design)
This an exciting position where you get to design, implement and showcase future wireless technologies through interactive demonstrations and experiences. These demonstrations include next generation 5G, IOT, drones, augmented and virtual reality and more! You will be a member Network Technology & Innovation team responsible for the operations and feature content of T-Mobile’s Innovation Center and Roadshow Truck. You will collaborate with engineers, internal business teams and vendor partners to build and manage engaging demonstrations for all types of audiences.
As a Sr. Technology Innovation Designer you will manage all aspects of the design and implementation, including all operational processes, documentation and content. You will also be responsible for any content creation and promotion of T-Mobile’s Innovation Center and Roadshow Truck.
Additionally, this role will provide ongoing support for daily tours and overall operations of the innovation center and truck. This include supporting T-Mobile Executive Meetings, high profile visitors and events.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
- Work with Engineer subject matter experts, internal business partners, and vendors to proactively partner to define demonstration content
- Up to 25% travel (annually) for rotation assignments with Innovation Center Roadshow Truck
- Effectively implement demonstrations, including creation of all appropriate documentation, training, and operational procedures
- Research and establish relationships with various stakeholders and partners for new wireless uses cases and devices
- Refresh and update demonstrations, keeping content fresh and “cutting edge”
- Present demonstrations to tour visitors, highlighting technology, key strategies, and T-Mobile’s leadership
- Travel with Innovation Center Roadshow truck and manage demo operations, training of local support staff, and presentation of demos at various locations.
- Deliver clear, concise, relevant, and accurate content/communications to internal and external audiences on wireless services and technologies
- Demonstrate a high level of accountability, initiative, flexibility, and the ability to manage workload and achieve results
- Exemplify our Un-carrier brand and how we address customer pain points and drive technology innovation for wireless
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
- Minimum Required
- 5+ years of interaction design experience spanning product, web, mobile or enterprise application design.
- A relevant portfolio of work illustrating user-centered design solutions (e.g., storyboards, concepts, wireframes, workflows).
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and diplomacy skills required to effectively manage relationships with diverse internal and external contacts
- High energy, outgoing and excellent with public speaking and communication skills
- Cross-functional team (indirect management)
- Resourceful and fast learner of new technologies and concepts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proven time-management and organizational skills
- Proven project management skills
- Prior knowledge of Telecommunications a plus.
- Prior knowledge of wireless technology. GSM, UMTS, and/or LTE and plus.
- Bachelors Degree
License or Certification
- Drone license/certification
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.