Job ID: 15504BR
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Under general supervision, demonstrates a thorough understanding of the activities performed related toengineering support, installation and/or operations of infrastructure technologies. Plans at an operational level designing and developing technology solutions interfacing with appropriate customers, management and technical resources. Facilitates and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of large complex technology solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology areas. Develops and implements appropriate solutions that may involve multiple platforms, databases, software/hardware technologies and tools. Strong ability to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities. This job is a team lead.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Evaluates systems specifications regarding customer requirements, transforming specifications into cost-effective, technically correct solutions. Prioritizes work and manages projects within established budget objectives and customer priorities. Responsible for establishing and managing to established quality control and security protocols. Provides the division, department and business area management with timely and accurate information regarding the status and performance of the assigned project(s). Leverages technology to develop, redesign and/or implement optimal technology solutions. Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community. Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective results. Multi-tasks, prioritizes according to business priorities and production availability requirements.
Specific duties include:
- Accountable for architectural/overall solution support for Automation Initiatives on the various teams
- Provide technical leadership for the assigned delivery teams
- Participate in COE activities including, but not limited to Innovation/POC’s, Product Upgrades, Product Evaluation
- Mentor/train other technical team members
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of experience in Technology required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor’s degree in Technology or a related field preferred. 5 years of experience in Technology preferred.. 7+ years of experience as a software designer/application architect.
- Experienced in Agile methodologies
- Strong tech technical/architectural skills
- Experience leading teams of developers
- Experience with VB, VB Script, ASP .Net, or other distributed system technologies
- Experience with Subversion, Github, or other source code repositories
- Excellent communication / relationship building skills
- Highly collaborative
- Quickly learns new technologies
- Experience providing technical direction to project teams preferred.
- Solid background of working as a team lead/member on large projects/programs
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following technical skills: Foundational IT Infrastructure Operating Systems Software Knowledge of process discipline and IDLC methodology
Weekend work hours (Frequency) DOJ Overnight work hours (Frequency) DOJ Holiday work hours (Federal and religious) (Frequency) DOJ
Operates standard office equipment (Frequency) Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequency)
Licensing or Certificates
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.