A Senior Technologist is responsible for providing technical support to the Dynamic Systems Technology Organization throughout the product development process from proof-of-concept through the NPI Process. He/she is assigned non-routine and routine tasks which are completed under minimal supervision. He/she is responsible for contributing to the continuous improvement of the product development process through the identification of improvement opportunities, involvement in continuous improvement activities and mentorship of less senior employees.
- Support product engineers with design conceptualization, producibility, design-to-cost, design substantiation, qualification and commercialization efforts throughout the product development process.
- Lead efforts in preparing and releasing high quality documentation in support of the product development process for both internal and external customers.
- Establish priorities between projects based on resource requirements and due dates and the ability to work with Engineering/Product Development Team and internal customers to resolve resource/priority conflicts.
- Exercise safe working habits and alert other personnel present whom are in violation of LORD safety standards.
- Communicate effectively both orally and written such information as test procedures, test results, analysis results and observations to product development team and internal and external customers.
- Identify, develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives involving mentoring less experiences co-workers, systemic and/or capital improvements.
- Analyze data and compare results to a provided specification or predicted outcome.
- Associates or vocational degree in a related technical discipline and twelve years experience in product development, testing or manufacturing field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret written instructions such as standard test plans, product/tooling drawings, work instructions, operating procedures, service requests and specifications
- Ability to assess data quality, identify outliers and independently take appropriate corrective action.
- In depth understanding of standard design practices and quality system.
- Ability to mentor less experienced team members.
- Ability to utilize computer for e-mail, word processing, database maintenance, and spreadsheet-based data analysis.
- Understanding of algebra and basic trigonometry.
- Ability to effectively communicate job status and results within team. (Communication)
- Ability to travel
- Ability to complete basic analysis in ANSYS Workbench and/or Matbal