Sr. Technical Writer
11 - 15 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Experian offers fraud and identity services for clients in more than 44 countries. Every year we check that 182 million people are who they say they are, and help organizations effectively fight fraud while providing a hassle-free customer experience. The fraud landscape is constantly changing and a one-size-fits-all approach doesn’t do enough to stop today’s sophisticated fraudsters. We use a unique combination of data, analytics and technology to create right-sized fraud solutions that allow our clients to make confident decisions for every transaction. Our ultimate goal is to make the industry’s fraud and identity solutions work better for everyone.
Experian was recently cited in Forrester’s 2016 Vendor Landscape: Mobile Fraud Management Solutions report and listed as having nine out of a possible 10 capabilities needed to combat mobile fraud. Experian was also identified as one of three leading players in the fraud detection and prevention space in a new study from Juniper Research.
We have a unique opportunity for a Senior Technical Writer to join this dynamic organization!
The Senior Technical Writer will join the technical communications team that is responsible for managing the information infrastructure and documentation content for all Fraud and ID products. They work closely with developers, product management, QA, and professional services to understand what technical documentation is required and what product nuances need careful explanation toensure successful, seamless integration efforts.
- Write end-user and developer documentation (both PDF and online content for user guides, installation manuals, configuration guides, etc.) for various software products.
- Collaborate with internal users and developers to produce quality documentation.
- Innovate content delivery strategies
- Convert existing documentation set into Markdown for output into multiple formats (HTML, PDF, etc.)
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- At least 10 years of experience in technical writing
- BA/BS degree in Technical Communications or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience editing and authoring end-user documentation.
- Familiarity with content management systems and/or web site production tools and related processes.
- Good technical writing skills.
- Experience with authoring in markup languages like Markdown/Wiki/ HTML.
- Experience with any source control system – Git preferred.
- Experience working on Linux and working knowledge of shell commands.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and process-implementation skills.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Excellent attention to detail and knowledge of coding/application design best practices.
- Knowledge of agile, continuous integration practices strongly preferred.
- Hands on Jira and Confluence experience.