Your role in helping us shape the future:
You will organize, write, edit, and publish a variety of maintenance documentation which can include but not limited to Service Bulletins (hardware/software), Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, Illustrated Part Catalogs, and Wiring Diagram Manuals. You must enjoy working in an environment where you are working on a change page revision on an AMM one day and the next writing a Service Bulletin the next.
Are you up to the challenge?
- You will write and/or revise, manage multiple documents, and work with persons inside and outside the Technical Publications department.
- You will coordination your work activity, status and schedule.
- Analyzing available source data
- Ensure the technical accuracy, adequacy, and quality of technical publications using our processes.
- Coordinate the review and release of publication products with customers and other organizations; and classifying and tracking discrepancies noted through the review process.
- Mentor existing staff to create industry leading manuals and Service Bulletins
Can you drive these processes?
Support the Technical Publications Department by being a self-starter and team orientated. Be open, honest and not afraid to give your opinion based on your experiences in other companies.
You should definitely have:
- Advanced experience with FrameMaker.
- Experience using Structured FrameMaker or Arbortext
- Experience with illustrating programs such as Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator.
- Proven ability to work unsupervised in a highly dynamic environment.
- Proven Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, charts, wiring diagrams, schematics, and assembly/test procedures.
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience using PTC Arbortext and Isodraw
- Experience using a Content Management System (CMS)
- Experience updating and maintaining Style sheets.
- 5-10 years’ experience writing maintenance documentation.
- Experience working in an IFEC company.
- Experience using a document management system such as Agile.
- Experience using Microsoft Access for input into our database.
- Ability to provide technical direction to assigned project team(s) and be a technical expert on AMMs/Service Bulletins and a source of information.