Pavilion Data Customer Success is growing rapidly, and looking for a Technical Systems Engineer to join us. In this role, you will be trained and serve as the Subject Matter Expert for all Pre- and Post-Sales Engineering activities related to our prospects and customers, such as Product Deployments, Troubleshooting, Root Cause Analysis, Training, and Technical Support.
In addition to that, you will be a crucial part of our team by helping to broaden our reach and keeping our customers satisfied as they deploy the highest-performance storage solution in the market today.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Handle Support Escalation issues in a 24x7 Environment (product, application, performance)
- Perform product installation and professional services to deliver our solutions according to customer requirements and business objectives
- Replicate customer issues and assist engineering in producing conclusive Failure and Root Cause Analysis for bugs/issues found
- Work closely with Engineering teams to identify and implement product fixes and patches.
- Keep management, Sales, and Account teams informed of high severity issues and escalations.
- Act as “trusted technical adviser” to customers while developing critical relationships with key stakeholders in the process
- Communication and positioning of competitive positioning, strategic technical advantages, and value proposition of Pavilions storage systems into the customer base
- Assist with “Proof of Concept” process in West Coast through the customer testing cycle, ultimately leading to system purchase
- Assist with development of Training Material and Best Practice Guides
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in customer-facing pre and post-sales Engineering roles such as Escalation Engineer, Field Engineer, Systems Engineer, or Support Engineer
- Strong Knowledge of storage technologies (NAS, SAN, DAS) and deployment models
- Strong Networking knowledge and experience. CCNA Certification is a plus
- Experience working with customers and technology partners
- Hands-on experience with Linux (package management, installation, troubleshooting)
- Experience implementing Enterprise Hardware or Software, Cloud Platforms, IaaS, PaaS, or Virtual Infrastructure software
- Comfortable presenting technical material to the customers in-person and on the phone
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and a self-starter, comfortable working remotely and autonomously.
- Ability to travel with the needs of the role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience