At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
The Technical Support Engineer will join the Abbott Hematology R&D Team and becomes familiar with the Alinity family of systems. The candidate will assist with installations, maintenance, and repair of all current and future in house systems.
Provides leadership to Level 3 field support process globally,including training,remote support,and onsite support. Liaison between global field service organization,and internal functions such as manufacturing,quality,R&D,etc. Designs,develops,and implements service strategy and documentation for both customer and employee support. Provides leadership of cross-functional teams,including the management of all project deliverables. Provides guidance and feedback to associates and professionals to insure service and support expectations and goals are met.
• General responsibility in the installation, start-up, documentation, maintenance, modification and automation of site systems (in-house laboratory and R&D clinical sites).
• Support activities during the development process (R&D studies) to ensure that service needs are addressed.
• Responsible for maintaining and enhancing automated hematology systems.
• Evaluation of technical problems and resolution of issues: ensure the involvement of respective experts to address design weaknesses and find possible solutions.
• Prepare documents to include maintenance, quality, production, and other documents/reports as appropriate (service orders from internal projects, instrument updates, maintenance etc.).
• Develop and understand configuration, integration and implementation of process control solutions.
• Contributes to the training methodology for all job oriented trainings.
• Provide in-house laboratory and on-site R&D clinical support to ensure success in repairs, applications, modifications and first installs. Supports resolution of system problems during development.
• Responsible for implementing knowledge transfer from R&D to manufacturing or the global service organization to provide comprehensive system knowledge to trainers, service representatives and global staff.
• Contributes to the provision of service manuals and service relevant information.
• Responsible for the creation of preliminary documentation and FAQs for launch preparation.
• Evaluates the need for service bulletins and writes, publishes and maintains service bulletins.
Peer leadership position within GSS providing guidance and feedback to the associate and service professional.
Works with ADD Service Representatives worldwide to ensure timely issue escalation/resolution.
Ensures compliant,technically accurate service documentation.
Works closely with R&D, TPD, and Marketing to develop and implement service strategy on existing and new products.
Associates Degree or equivalent certification in Science,Engineering, Allied Health or scientific or engineering related field Preferred: BS Degree in Science, Engineering,Allied Health or related field Minimum 6 years of work experience in clinical laboratory, biomedical engineering, diagnostic medical equipment servicing, or related service or laboratory field.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field required, prefer engineering or related technical field with seven plus years of relevant experience in field service engineering.
• Must have good electro-mechanical and automation skills (motors, drives, transformers).
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot equipment utilizing strong analytical competency and tools.
• Experience with internal development processes and working to develop tools to support FSEs.