The Sr. Technical Project Manager (TPM) for Operations, Security, and Compliance, plans, coordinates, and facilitates projects for multiple teams from start to delivery, specially focused on the areas of operations and compliance. The TPM works with Product Managers and subject matter experts to understand business requirements, translates these requirements into technical or functional specifications where needed, and shepherds them through the software development lifecycle. The TPM owns the progress of the project from the point of scheduling to the point of release to production, clearly communicates the project progress, resolves unknowns, and removes any impediments that keep the teams from completing their assigned work.
- Owns assigned project delivery from start to finish.
- Will drive HITRUST, SOC2, PCI, SOX, and similar certification processes engaging all stakeholders to drive compliance
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and QA leads to ensure that projects are developed and delivered to production as efficiently as possible.
- Working in partnership with Product and Business stakeholders, flesh out and/or create actionable technical project specifications from business requirements.
- Understand at a deep level the product features for which the teams are responsible, becoming the “internal subject matter expert” for systems maintained by the teams.
- Identify obstacles to efficient completion of delivery milestones and proactively remove or mitigate them. Adapt project scope in response to deadline changes and/or project obstacles to ensure delivery of viable business features on the original deadline.
- Coordinate or orchestrate with other project teams for cross-team dependencies.
- Ensure timely tracking and completion of project deliverables.
- Facilitate the project grooming and estimation efforts to ensure that the teams understand the requirements and has produced a work plan that accounts for known risks and mitigates unknown issues.
- Communicate scope or milestone changes early and clearly to stakeholders to ensure buy-in throughout the organization.
- Foster a collaborative environment reinforcing transparency, quality, and continuous learning.
- Work interactively with stakeholders and team members identify areas of improvement for the teams or their products.
- Provide executive project reporting- project status, risks, issues and mitigation plan.
- Display solid fiscal responsibility by managing and adhering to budgets and always seeking out operating efficiencies and economies.
- Model an inclusive, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic by showing a willingness to participate in daily workloads when needed to make deadlines.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with project management of software development, infrastructure teams, including both web applications and back-end server solutions.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working with IT Operations support, security, compliance, audit and/or fraud management teams.
- Solid grasp of software development planning concepts, including scheduling, risk mitigation, and product rollouts.
- Prior professional experience as an individual contributor in the software development lifecycle (e.g., developer, designer, tester etc.) strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of business to technical requirement translation.
- Ability to work with Clients & build relationships
- Demonstrated ability to lead functional, technical, and strategic discussions to drive successful outcomes.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Analytical & Agile mindset preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in unstructured env
- Ability to forge relationships, partnerships with all levels of the organization.
- Experience with both Agile and waterfall/hybrid development practices.
- Agile project management certification a plus.
- Knowledge of tracking and reporting tools, JIRA preferred. Affinity with Confluence.