- In partnership with the scientific/technical leads for several projects at the Institute and in our consortium partners, serve as the Project Manager to define and drive implementation of data ingest, storage, and sharing solutions for consortium data.
- Curate and prioritize Product ideas and requirements through qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- Work with stakeholders, both internal and external, to identify relevant use cases, and needs for data and analytics products.
- Guide team through identifying best options within allotted resources.
- Work to ensure projects are successfully implemented while taking into consideration a complex customized environment, resource constraints, and aggressive timelines.
- Work with consortium members to support their use of our data sharing platforms by providing help desk support, documentation, and troubleshooting of issues consortium members experience uploading and accessing shared data.
- Work with administrative and program leadership on budget preparation, tracking and reporting, providing visibility into the performance of the overall Product portfolio of related projects and grants.
- Manage content for project team communication using efficiency software tools such as Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence), Slack, SharePoint, etc.
- Resolve issues, dependencies and conflicts; make certain that all team members are involved and engaged.
- Help to coordinate across multiple Product project teams to ensure data/feature interoperability, with consistent application of ontologies and quality standards.
- Organize and facilitate program events (i.e. recurring meetings, bug-bash, UX workshops, user testing, QC-a-thons).
- Demonstrate strong understanding of the customer, adding value, reducing friction and streamlining experiences.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Biological Science, OR equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 10-14 years of progressively responsibleexperience delivering data/knowledge applications
- Last 5+ years of career acting in a Project Manager/Lead capacity.
- Experience bringing cross-site teams together in multi-party collaborations or data center partnerships.
- Familiar with LEAN principles and their utility in problem solving and/or addressing inefficiencies.
- Experience in the use of project management, collaboration management, and efficiency software tools.
- Experience with sprint cycles, projects involving design of scalable software and/or use of big data.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in biological or data science, with a strong preference towards candidates having expertise in both scientific and technical domains.
- Last 5+ years of career acting in a Project Manager/Lead capacity in a non-academic scientific research setting.
- Demonstrate advanced ability to translate scientific and technical subject matter into concise, clear communication understood by technical and non-technical leaders and constituents.