Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that enable extraordinary experiences. We make entertainment more entertaining, and smart devices smarter.
From the home to the car to everywhere in between, managing content and connections in a way that is smart, immersive, and personal is precisely what Xperi’s technologies do.
Our inventions are foundational to the global entertainment ecosystem and our products and data improve every aspect of the digital entertainment experience, from choice to consumption.
Content markets are changing, fast. Consumers face a simultaneously expanding and fragmenting set of choices. Xperi technology cuts through the chaos, putting us at the forefront of fast-moving trends in streaming, digital entertainment, and AI applications – in any environment.
Xperi is at the heart of extraordinary experiences.
We can’t wait to show you what’s next
Sr. Technical Program Manager – Infrastructure/Operations
Position Overview/ Responsibilities
Ready to join a dynamic, technology-focused organization that is transforming how we find and consume entertainment? TiVo is looking for a Sr. Engineering Program Manager to join our User Experience engineering team to drive delivery on our roadmaps, define and direct new programs and manage program execution.
As a team, we are adapting cutting-edge technology to transform how Advanced TV solutions are delivered to consumers and TV operators. Our customers use our Advanced TV solutions to power exciting new entertainment experiences across a variety of devices to drive engagement. Our business and development cycles are fast-paced, challenging and responsive to a dynamic marketplace and our customers’ needs.
We’re looking for a highly motivated individual who can:
- Drive cross-functional infrastructure software engineering programs in a matrix organization
- Interface with Product, Engineering, Operations and business owners for product launches, feature development, operationalization of services, rollout planning and delivery management
- Partner closely with the software engineering, product management, and production engineering teams to drive critical programs across performance, reliability, efficiency, security, scalability, resiliency and capacity in these areas
- Work with Engineering, and partner teams to define and build metrics to track performance and identify areas of improvement for the programs
- Collaborate with Engineering and business owners to define program requirements, set priorities, and establish scope which includes defining the roadmap and long-term strategy of the teams that you are partnering with.
- Proactively identify and analyze complex, long-term, critical infrastructure problems with engineering leaders and stakeholders.
- Manage cross functional dependencies, risks, and changes effectively by optimizing scope, schedule, and resources accordingly.
- Negotiate, prioritize and resolve issues, identifying impact on other activities, systems and projects
- 5+ years experience managing complex, large-scale software engineering projects
- You have proven experience leading high priority, cross-functional programs that require interaction with executives and a wide range of technical and functional resources
- You have proven experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery
- You have demonstrated a record for regularly delivering complex software projects and programs on-time
- You are an excellent verbal and written communicator
- You are a relationship builder that despite assertive nature gets things done and people respect the results
- You have experience working with external partners in a complex, geographically distributed organization
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience managing infrastructure/operations projects
- Experience with large network operations environments is a plus
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Highly proficient in Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint
- Detail oriented in execution of tasks
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, and manage multiple task assignments
- Ability to work as part of a cross-cultural team including flexibility to support multiple time zones when necessary
- Agile SCRUM, PMP or consulting experience a plus