$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
The Performance Ads Core Engine (PACE) team develops core services for Advertiser Registration and Access Management, Ad Catalog Service, Billing, Data Ingestion/Publishing and Analytics that underpin advertising programs such as Sponsored Products and Headline Search Ads. The Advertising Campaign Storage Service stores Ads catalog and notifies downstream systems such as Ad Server, Search Index about any changes in real-time. We manage the end-to-end lifecycle of Advertiser Account Management including Registration and granular access control. We are working on the next-generation Advertiser Registration and Account Management akin to AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) service. The Clicks and Impressions Ingestion systems store data streams (such as request to serve an ad, impression and click) and own traffic intelligence with subsequent big data ingestion. We process tens of billions requests per daily, cleanse the incoming raw data, discard robotic and other low quality traffic sources, apply business logic and perform various transforms to ease large scale Analytics processing. The Advertiser Communications and Engagement System manages central communication and engagement, integrating with systems generating operational, marketing and product communications and delivering the content to advertisers via their preferred channels (email, selling coach widget, business advisor, mobile etc.). The Advertiser Billing systems own end-to-end Billing function with real-time data ingestion pipeline, Budget management, Billing adjustment, Promotions, Invoicing and Tax integration and Fraud Management. The systems are pushing boundaries in terms of scale of storage, data processing and real-time propagation.
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager, you will be 100% focused on the customer, understanding their needs and requirements, plus anticipating future trends that will serve their needs. You will also be excellent at driving results, being able to coordinate large, multi-functional projects on-time, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints. You are involved in defining or reviewing the systems-level technical design of your projects and balance near term business need with long term implications for Amazon. You rationalize technical requirements and business priorities in cross-functional teams. You manage cross-functional communication to ensure all business and technical stakeholder's needs are aligned.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large products and projects, and will have a well-rounded background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence and leadership are essential to success in this role. You will be data-driven and analytical. You constantly strive to expand our understanding of the metrics that drive our business and growth aspirations. Lastly, your communication skills - both verbal and written - are excellent, and you will be able to clearly communicate at all levels in the organization, including senior management.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• 5+ years Program Management experience in digital advertising, online services or related industry
• Bachelors degree in computer science or engineering
• Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new features sets
• Experience in analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection
• Experience in on-time and on-budget delivery of large complex software or hardware projects.
• Ability to operate and thrive with partial information and ambiguity
• Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills
• Ability to proactively identify upcoming risks, issues, and bottlenecks and resolve issues that sometimes cross departmental boundaries
• The ideal candidate is a creative, demonstrated leader/manager with strong analytical skills. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. Candidates should have experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets; as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection.
• An advanced degree in one of these fields is strongly preferred.
• The successful candidate will have a customer focus, a diverse work experience, and a business curiosity/strategic viewpoint. The candidate will have strong analytical skills, an attention to detail, good judgment, strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to self-start and self-motivate. Understanding of customer intelligence practices, profiling/segmentation and predictive modeling is a plus.
• The candidate should be fluent in standard software, including Excel, Word, and SQL. Prior software development and program management experience is a plus.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Valid Through: 2019-11-6