Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal's Compliance Platform team is seeking a Senior Technical Product Manager to drive the next generation compliance platform. The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for leading solution identification and defining the next generation scalable and flexible compliance platform for launching compliance product across regions. This individual will create product solutions that will make Paypal compliant with the best customer experience and partner with technology team to scale the existing infrastructure. The person will be responsible for driving platform optimization and build out of next generation framework that will help in Operational procedure simplification and automation.
- Influences and executes on a defined product/service roadmap for one or more service/feature areas.
- Expected to articulate and write product strategies, working with cross-functional groups to achieve support as necessary.
- Writes clear, detailed, and thorough specifications for complex services, features or products.
- May contribute to cross-functional requirements of larger or multi-section PRDs and writes or supports business cases.
- Articulates key product messaging for Product, Marketing, Operations and/or BU teams to support product launch and GTM.
- Manages the end-to-end lifecycle(s) of complex products/services spanning multiple areas.
- Viewed as a service or product expert for a single product/service area or as having broad experience that is helpful on new initiatives.
- Creative in designing solutions and recognizes best design practices.
- Has deep understanding of platform and technology in product area.
- Writes or consults on epics, user stories across multiple complex and cross-functional feature/ service areas.
- Has deep subject-matter expertise in particular area or proven ability to quickly and valuably deliver on a new product challenge.
- Collaborate with Compliance BU, policy and Operations to develop use cases to support policy change requests.
- Author product requirements, flow documents and use cases and work across Policy, Operations, Development and Infrastructure to ensure complete solutions are architected to cover Business needs and requirements.
- Identify experience gaps through feedback from regional teams, Operations teammates and market research as well as deep analysis of existing product flows, contact reasons and net-promoter-scores.
- Recommend new processes, workarounds, and flow changes to ensure constant improvement and evolution of the Consumer experience.
- Participate as a member of a cross-functional team across multiple geographies to implement policy requirements.
- Understand initiatives from other BUs that will impact the Consumer experience and make solution recommendations.
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact and work with implementation teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources.
- Track and drive timely resolution of open issues.
- 10+ years professional related experience or Master’s Degree and 6+ years
- Conducts data analysis that is complex and requires input from multiple sources.
- Identifies most important data and sets priorities
- Demonstrated track record of developing creative solutions in product, process or policy that delivered business results.
- Experience in building platform solutions, defining services and applications
- Strong attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate user experience issues and service specifications to both business and technical audience using requirements documents, use cases and desired outcomes.
- Skilled at working with cross functional groups and matrix organizations in multiple geographies to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Thrives in an environment of continuous change and complexity- can drive quality insights and deliver high impact projects.
- "Can do” attitude, team player, fun, energetic personality, works well under pressure.
- Successfully negotiates and defends his or her position.
- MBA preferred
- Some travelrequired (Up to 3 times a year).
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.