At Expedia, we don’t just love travel; we love helping people experience the world. Our company is fueled by big ideas and that extends to our People Technology team.
You could play a key role in creating an unrivaled employee experience for over 20,000 Expedia, Inc. employees worldwide by creating the next generation of HR and People practices. Incorporating a user-led design approach and agile methodology, our People Technology team is fueling HR disruption. This approach will be foundational in our ability to attract, develop and retain talent in an increasingly competitive environment.
Do you have a strong background on Data Warehouse projects, from requirements through delivery? As a Senior Technical Product Manager you will work closely with engineering, product managers, UX designers and business partners to understand project requirements, evaluate technical solutions to meet them, and ensure rollouts are delivered with the committed features. You will be responsible for the employee facing projects supporting People Analytics and data migration to a groundbreaking cloud platform while maintaining support of a legacy Data Warehouse.
We are looking for smart, bold, and creative problem solvers to join our technology team. We want people who bring ideas and the ability to innovate and produce results; propelling our continuous improvement of the employee experience.
- Develop user stories that include appropriate level of technical requirements and an understanding of the business partner and goals
- Identify and remove impediments or conflicts
- Partner closely with internal customers to establish engineering road-map and deliverables
- Drive projects through development and launch, and monitor the success of post-launch improvements across teams
- Provide clarity on direction to the team, especially in the case of requests from multiple internal customers while building strong positive relationships
- Collaborate with product owners to create and maintain a prioritized backlog
- Ability to communicate and successfully share knowledge with VP-level stakeholders
Experience/Skills Needed To Be Successful:
- Knowledge of service oriented architecture, build processes, project management and release models
- AWS experience or experience with other cloud service providers. Critically; S3, EMR, and database services such as Redshift, DynamoDB or Google Spanner
- 5+ background in data warehouse and big data
- 7+ years working in multi-functional teams comprised of Technical Product Managers, Product Managers, Developers, Testers and business owners
- Experience working with various development methodologies, e.g. Agile and Scrum
- High degree of competency in all phases of project management, including issue and risk identification and management; change management; tracking dependencies and achievements; and communicating overall project status
- Knowledge of SQL is along with excellent analytical abilities
- Data/Business/Process Analyst experience a plus