$100K — $150K *
Skybox is looking for a technical and hands-on engineer with great customer communication skills to join our Marketing organization in the role of Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer (TME). You will play a critical role at Skybox by developing impactful product demonstrations and supporting technical content that highlight the multiple use case scenarios we address with our Security Posture Management platform.
This is a high impact position within the organization and requires an individual who is hands on with the product, has a strong passion for success, and can collaborate effectively working with the engineering, product, sales, and marketing teams across the organization. Your contribution will ultimately help to accelerate pipeline conversion and drive early adoption of customer solutions during our New Product Introduction (NPI) process. You’ll also have an opportunity to build your personal brand across the cybersecurity industry as a technical spokesperson, thought leader, and technology evangelist.
Skybox Security, headquartered in San Jose, California, develops IT security solutions worldwide. Over 500 of the largest and most security-conscious enterprises in the world rely on Skybox’s Security Posture Management Platform. Our vendor-agnostic platform intelligently optimizes security policies, actions, and change processes across all corporate networks and cloud environments to quickly map, prioritize and remediate vulnerabilities in an organization.
What you get to do in this role:
· Work with sales, sales engineering, marketing, product management, customers, and cross-functional teams to develop a technical marketing strategy that will support awareness pipeline creation, and revenue acceleration.
· Maintain an updated understanding of the cybersecurity industry landscape and market trends. Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned. Understand their strengths and weaknesses and how we can develop messaging and strategies to win against them.
· Become a Skybox product expert and trusted technical resource for the field and for customers. Understand, and articulate product capabilities and how customers can maximize value by applying our solutions to address their various use cases.
· Create high-performing technical content that increases customer engagement and helps to accelerate pipeline including customer-facing white papers, videos, technical presentations, whiteboards, solution guides, best-practice guides, case studies, demos, and blogs.
· Partner with product marketing to ensure all content development captures differentiated capabilities being delivered by our engineering teams and addresses key customer challenges and pain points.
· Create high-quality customer-facing, partner-facing, and sales facing technical collateral and presentations
· Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
· Develop and deliver competitive positioning strategies for messaging development and internal sales enablement. Keep abreast of our technical differentiation and develop
high value technical sales tools such as competitive battle cards, quick reference guides, and competitive updates.
· Maintain and manage our competitive analysis and insights platform (Klue) as the one stop source for all things competitive.
· Work with the product teams to understand what's being built, to provide competitive insights for their evaluation, and be a voice-of-the-customer to help shape product requirements and drive roadmap priorities.
· Be a technical spokesperson and key content contributor for industry, partner, and Skybox-led events globally
· Participate in customer-facing forums, trade shows, industry forums and technology partner conferences
· Create and deliver product presentations and briefings to customers, analysts, and media
Who you are:
· 5+ years in a similar technical marketing role building world-class content in the cybersecurity/networking industries with a proven track record of delivering product demonstrations and technical content that resonates with a variety of personas
· Strong technical background with the ability to get hands-on with the product.
· Exceptional storyteller with good written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in technology demonstration techniques (i.e. live demos, presentations, screencasts, white-board sessions, webinars, etc.). Experience working with modern content creation tools such as Camtasia, DemoEasel, or equivalent.
· Experience working with global teams on multiple projects and programs
· Strong relationship management and team skills, flexible, attentive to detail and quality
· Experience in tracking and analyzing market trends, competitive positioning, and marketing programs
· Self-starter who can develop a strategy but also execute on your plan
· Cross-functional collaboration and communication across all levels
· Ability to multi-task and thrive in a growth environment
Valid through: 12/15/2021