Gigamon is seeking a high-energy Sr Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) to play a pivotal cybersecurity role in our Product Marketing team. Reporting to the Senior Director of Security Solutions, this individual will be responsible for technical marketing activities related to the core Gigamon products in the rapidly growing market of traffic-based networksecurity.
The TME will be responsible for field-facing technical communications, product presentations, demos, competitive analysis, and building higher-level solutions that articulate the unique benefits of Gigamon’s product portfolio. The TME will work closely with his/her peers in product management, product marketing, development engineering, QA engineering, and sales engineering to create technical material for field consumption. The TME will also work with account teams, customers and partners to help them understand product capabilities, present and architect customer solutions and provide inputs on market requirements for future products and software releases.
- Create technical value propositions for Gigamon’s product portfolio
- Develop competitive analysis and benchmarking of Gigamon’s products vs. competition
- Work with the rest of the CMO office, product management and engineering teams to create product launch material
- Demonstrate products at tradeshows/on-site/Gigamon headquarters to customers and internal teams
- Create and deliver technical training materials for SEs, including hands-on demos
- Translate product capabilities to customer use cases that can be readily understood
- Deliver product information and roadmaps to Sales, System Engineers, and customers
- Capture customer use cases and provide input for product roadmap
- Develop customer-centric solutions and collateral based on customer needs and product capabilities
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong technical foundation in network-based security technologies and L2/L3/L4-7 Networking preferably with a CISSP certification
- Prior experience in some or all of the following areas as it pertains to network-based security: Unified Threat Management, Next-Generation Firewall, Intrusion Protection/Detection, Advanced Persistent Threats, Anti-Malware systems, Behavioral Analytics, Advanced Threat Protection and SSL Decryption.
- Quick learner: Ability to quickly come up to speed in new technology areas
- Passionate about technology with a desire to be hands-on
- Familiarity with virtualization and network management/orchestration platforms/tools
- Scripting tools including with TCL/Expect, Python, Puppet/Chef
- Ability to persuade and inspire an audience: Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to embrace new challenges and multiplex efficiently in response to market needs
- Strong written skills
- Ideal background: 10 years+ experience spanning engineering (QA) or systems engineering roles with at least 2+ year in technical/product marketing
- BS or MS in Engineering
Travel: 15%-25% based on business need