SRI International's Center for Vision Technologies offers end-to-end computer vision solutions that translate into real-world applications. Our scientists have pioneered real-time, real-world systems in multimodal (text, audio, and vision) analytics, stereo processing, 3D scene understanding, object recognition, activity recognition and integrated sensor and processing solutions. We continue today to advance real-time computer vision algorithms directly applicable into real-world applications.
The Vision Systems lab is currently searching for a Sr. Technical Manager to join their team. The Sr. Technical Manager will lead the group in the development of computational imaging technologies, programs and intellectual property.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Conduct basic and applied research on computational imaging, real time computer vision and machine learning, with particular focus on algorithm and system development. Work closely with a team to develop operational prototype systems based on research and investigate their deployment to challenging, real-world problems.
- Seek and champion new business opportunities based around the technical capabilities of the Vision Systems group.
- Work with government and commercial clients to develop solutions to their requirements leveraging real-time vision capabilities.
- Work with technical staff and technology to develop new state of the art technologies that can be exploited to bring in new business opportunities.
- Lead proposal efforts for new development programs.
- Oversee the generation of technical papers in the area of novel embedded processing architectures.
- Oversee the creation of patents and IP in the area of novel embedded processing architectures.
- Champions and facilitates innovative projects, principles and ideas that affect the organization's selling success or generate future products or technologies (IP).
- PhD or Masters in the field of image processing, computer vision, machine learning and computational imaging and a track record of technical excellence in basic and applied research for vision systems.
- Due to government contract requirements candidates should be a US Citizen or US person, current security clearance a plus
- Should have significant experience (at least 5 years) related to image processing, computer vision, machine learning, computational sensing algorithms and real time systems, and a strong desire to see their ideas applied in practice.
- Must have excellent oral presentation and written skills, be outgoing and work well in teams, have the ability to champion ideas to successful completion
- The successful applicant is expected to develop into a project leader who can secure future funding for additional research in this area
- Broad application of technical and management principles; plans, organizes, staffs, controls and directs assigned Technology Center Staff.
- Knowledgeable on many of the current and future COTS processing solutions including GPUS, FPGAs, DSP and other processors
--U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residency Required
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Candidates who receive a conditional offer of employment will be subject to a background check.
Auto req ID