Alternate Locations: Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
We have a great opportunity to join our growing Annuities IT team in Fort Wayne, Indiana where we are actively working to improve our customer communications for our Annuities business partner, customers and advisors. This position will provide subject matter expertise, technical leadership and direction on complex projects/initiatives (both Agile and Traditional SDLC) for his/her assigned area(s) of application architecture responsibility. S/he will develop complex department software architecture solutions by providing direction on technical planning, prototyping solutions, and functional and non-functional testing. S/he will ensure compliance with enterprise architecture and departmental application architectural guidelines.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides direction on all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), ensuring that an iterative approach is followed.
- Accountable for department software application architecture.
- Provides direction on, and participates in, complex programming, designing and prototyping.
- Provides direction on, and participates in, complex Unit Testing.
- Provides direction and subject matter expertise on the creation of development standards and guidelines in accordance with Work Implementation Process (WIP) and Enterprise Architecture (EA).
- Prepares and obtains approval from Enterprise Architecture on project/initiative Solution Proposals.
- Accountable for adherence to standards for Macro and Micro Design, including the approval of: Component Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, Interface Specifications, Class Design, State Diagrams, etc.
- Provides direction on, and participates in, project Load/Performance tests and analysis.
- Identifies and mitigates risks with complex processes and technologies.
- Provides subject matter expertise in defining best practices for development and implementation.
- Identifies and leads the implementation of process improvements that improves quality across team, department and/or business unit for IT.
- Accountable for providing technical solutions/direction to ensure systems/ applications are highly available and meet approved Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Provides direction on estimation for annual planning, continual planning and various tier estimates throughout the life of a project or initiative.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging, in-house developed and vendor, systems/ applications, as well as currency.
- Collaborates with senior IT and business leadership to incorporates new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Accountable for development of, and compliance with, Enterprise Architecture and department architectural and development guidelines and best practices.
- Assesses the impact of technology decisions on business direction and roadmaps, and communicates outcomes with senior IT and business leadership.
- Creates and maintains the application architecture relationship with Enterprise Architecture.
- Provides direction to department Federated Architects.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) (Minimum Required)
- 5 – 7+ Years of experience in application development and architecture that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities of this position. (Required)
- Demonstrated experience with various programming languages required (e.g. Structured Programming – COBOL, Object Oriented – JAVA, C++, etc.)
- Demonstrated technical leadership and experience driving change w/in a team
- Software Development Experience w/multiple technology platforms (Legacy & Modern OOD)
- Strong communication and relationship building skills at the executive level of an org.
- Financial Services background (preferred) #LI-KM1
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications.