Bring your talents to a leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions. Rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation, our medical technologies open doors. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Join us for a career as a Senior Technical Field Engineer, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension that changes lives.
This exciting new position, Senior Technical Field Engineer supports the Implantable System for Remodulin (ISR) and is responsible for implant support of a fully implantable drug infusion system for patients with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. This individual will be required to anticipate the intraoperative needs of the implanting physician including understanding implant procedure steps, required tools and equipment needed, system indications/contraindications and programming and appropriately plan and prepare to meet those needs. This individual will also be required to understand the pump refill procedure and be able to troubleshoot system related complications. The Senior ISR Technical Field Engineer will also collaborate to activate sites for commercial system use and support clinician training needs.
A DAY IN THE LIFE: POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as Implantable System for Remodulin subject matter expert and provides clinical support for new system implants and system modifications as scheduled.
- Develops an understanding of pulmonary arterial hypertension patient population and prostacyclin drug treatment.
- Provides clinicians with programming support during patient transition from external infusion to the ISR implantable system.
- Provides device, implant, and refill support for clinicians as requested.
- Supports MRI coverage and pump interrogation support as requested.
- Provide feedback to product development, education, and marketing teams regarding product performance to improve future offerings.
- Available for on-callsupport as needed on evenings and weekends.
- Technical troubleshooting on complex implantable devices.
- Provide clinicians training about procedure, programming, and troubleshooting.
- Support clinical research efforts at activated clinical centers to meet clinical requirements and enhance product knowledge.
- Partner with sales teams in presenting and receiving facility approvals for the Implantable System for Remodulin.
- Develop relationships with healthcare providers across multiple specialties.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 5 years of clinical, engineering or marketing/sales experienceworking withmedical devices
DESIRED/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (optional):
- Thorough working knowledge of medical terminology & the medical device industry
- Expertise working in an OR environment or cardiac Cath lab
- Proven ability to build/maintain positive relationships with peers & colleagues across organization levels
- Strong work ethic in accomplishing objectives of the position
- Ability to meet vendor credentialing requirements
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to coordinate/participate in numerous tasks/projects in a fast-paced environment in an organized manner while meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) and associated treatments
- Venous access knowledge and/or support
- Previous cardiac device or implantable pump supportexperience
- Engineering background
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Continuous verbal and written communication.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 40 lbs—handling of training model
- Sitting, standing and/or walking for up to eight plus hours per day
- Environmental exposures include eye protection, infectious disease and radiation
- Ability to wear 7-9 lbs of lead for extended periods of time while in the OR
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Ability to effectively use a mobile phone, PC, keyboard and mouse
- Frequent bending/stooping, squatting and balance
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in relation to travel and operating a personal computer.
- Must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy. In addition, your driving record will be reviewed and will be considered as part of your application.
Work and Travel Requirements:
- Minimum travel of 50%; could be up to 90%; proximity to airport a plus
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.