Roles and Responsibilities
You will have the opportunity to work closely with AWS sales, solutions architecture, software development and service teams and customers. You will collaborate with the product teams to deliver the best solutions with efficient use of resources and technologies. You will work with all stakeholders to scope work, identify appropriate resources, set goals, track and report progress, develop schedules, and communicate to customers. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide critical issue management, balance trade-offs, and encourage risk-taking to maximize business value. You will evangelize on behalf of AWS and influence customers to allocate the appropriate resources to achieve their goals.
At AWS we value critical thinking, self-motivation, and the ability to deal with ambiguity. You should bring a cool head, solid technical background, be detail oriented, have excellent problem solving abilities, and be an exemplary communicator. You will leverage this unique skill set to influence your team’s decisions and help us drive secure and robust customer solutions. We love people who innovate, use data to make decisions, and can express themselves thoughtfully. We want you to be passionate about delivering a great customer experience, and love contributing to a team goal.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
· 10+ years leading complex, large scale, IT/technical/engineering programs
· 3+ years in a client facing role.
· Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (“STEM” majors) or equivalent experience (Computer Science preferred).
· Current PMP or related project management certification, or equivalent experience.
· AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate - Certification or the willingness and aptitude to obtain one within 9 months of onboarding.
· Direct experience implementing AWS/cloud services.
· Support and operation experience in a 7x24 environment.
· Experience in a lead role supporting a large Federal Program.
· Demonstrated ability to work across cross functional teams to deliver large, complex IT solutions.
· A proven track record of being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects.
· Ability to work with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business.
· The ability to deal with ambiguity and a changing environment, as well as a rapid work pace.
· Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills.
· Ability to credibly coordinate between project teams and customers to meet unique customer requirements.
· Fluency and comfort with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project.
Job ID: 614974