Sr. Technical Consultant
11 - 15 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
Summary of This Role
Provides the technical direction of the assigned work components for a product, platform or project. Negotiates with stakeholders to determine scope and budget of work activities which advance business objectives and client needs. Builds and maintains customer relationships.
What Part Will You Play?
- Coordinates and/or provides technical direction and support to multiple work teams regarding multiple work components for a product, platform, or project solving the most complex or unique application issues. Work initiatives include fully authorizing and endorsing solution design, problem resolution and management, application maintenance, project requests and system enhancements. Work initiatives pose significant risk to the organization regarding impacts to other critical work streams, and involves the most complex system integration efforts and requires deep specialization of knowledge of multiple components.
- Is the primary technical escalation point of contact for the management of project systems issues that require unique knowledge and specialized experience with multiple components. Exercises independent judgment to identify application improvements to address issue resolution.
- Assumes project management role and/or Subject Matter Expert using broad expertise, unique knowledge, and deep and varied specialized skills to guide the team or multiple work teams to solution approaches, to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals, resolve issues and achieve application improvements in creative and effective ways.
- Leads and participates in client facing meetings, joint venture discussions, vendor partnerships, client and internal development team working solutions to determine solution approaches.
- Interacts with a diverse range of leaders, including senior management or possibly executive leadership and clients.
- Oversees and tracks assigned tasks for component(s) to keep on schedule, and adjusts resource allocation based on work prioritization.
- Oversees review of deliverables for assigned tasks and ensures alignment with objectives and provides feedback and recommendations. Provides Project's Project Manager with input for status reporting.
- Oversees and provides training and mentoring to help team members increase their effectiveness.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: IT, Computer Science, MIS or Business or equivalent work experience, such as relevant technical background and/or work product/SME knowledge in lieu of a degree
- Typically Minimum 10+ Years Relevant Exp
- Coding, Designing and Developing
- Previous experience working in large scale fortune 500 company in the financial services industry
- Experience with multiple database platforms (RDBMS, NoSQL,SQL,Oracle)
- 10+ Years of experience in Java and related frameworks
- Technology background with strong hands on technical experience
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in architecting frameworks and tools for delivering technical solutions which meet mission critical business objectives
- Experience architecting software solutions with demanding non-functional requirements such as security, single sign on, high availability, scalability, Service-Oriented/API governance, containers including virtualization and Micro services
- This job requires broad Understanding of modern web-application frameworks and best practices around each layer, streaming analytics. BI analytics products and tools
- Hands on experiencedesigning User Interface (responsive applications), business services (REST, SOAP), data taxonomies and underlying support
- Experience of integration patterns and technologies – REST/SOAP/Messaging/ Micro services
- Experience working with XML
- Manage special technology projects and initiatives as assigned
- Must have a strong understanding of DevOps principles with experience in each of the DevOps areas of practice (Source Control - Subversions, Build - Maven, Test/Automated Test- JUnit, SOAPUI, JMeter)
- Strong ability to write technical documents, support requirements decomposition, coordinate working POCs and evolve to deployable code, ability to present designs to peers and Product Owner for approval, deep understanding of all lifecycle components (code, test, deploy), DevOps, environments
- Must be self-motivated, disciplined, able to work on own initiative and take responsibility for own work
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Constantly strives to discover and learn new technologies
- Ability to balance business priorities with technical requirements
- Cloud servicing experience.
- Certifications in database or othertechnologies used by the application he/she is leading, e.g. Oracle, Web, Java; b. PCI certifications; c. Technical skills Database Development skills in Oracle 10g/11g PL/SQL; Database Administration skills in Oracle 10g/11g; C, C++, ANSI C; VB.NET, ASP.NET and Microsoft Visual Studio; UNIX/Linux Operating Systems
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having broad yet in-depth expertise and unique knowledge, uses skills to set and ensure success of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways within environments and situations that are complex and difficult. Having ownership of a function, major account or matrix management responsibilities, uses knowledge to ensure success, strengthen relationships, expand the business through key initiatives, and lead matrix teams on complex projects. Barriers to entry such as technical committee and senior management review exist at this level.
- Job Complexity - Works on issue that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products, or technologies. Creates formal networks with key decision makers and serves as external spokesperson for the organization with key accounts, agencies, partners, vendors, and sales prospects.
- Supervision - Exercises wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
- Business Knowledge - Good knowledge of the business and how the technology he/she is leading is providing solutions to business .
- Technical Knowledge - In depth knowledge in the technology/area they are leading
- Communication Skills - Spoken and written English communication skills.