The role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to interact and influence effectively across all levels of the company. In addition, strong commercial, product/service/solution and application skills are necessary. This position requires moderate to extensive travel primarily within region, but could include opportunities in our other global regions.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to RFIs and RFQs
- Work with Rockwell sales representatives on sales strategies, plans and execution
- Present qualitative and quantitative value of the proposed solutions
- Create custom presentations and documents that clearly state customer business problems and Rockwell solutions and benefits
- Communicate with customer IT representatives to understand customer IT infrastructure and policies and to present solutions that fit into customer IT environment
- Provide guidance to customers and implementers on ways to deploy proposed products including alternatives and their costs and benefits
- Work with deployment teams (internal or partners) on deployment strategies and specific proposals as needed
- Prepares technical materials, presentations and tools to improve sales force effectiveness.
- Evaluates products and provides feedback on product features and performance.
- Serves as technical expert for pre-sale customers and internal events.
- Develops product enhancements to be used by various delivery teams in order to either extend existing product functionality and/or to improve development efficiency.
- Serve as RA technical representative to industry associations and standards committees.
- Customer focused attitude.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work.
- Is a self-sufficient knowledge worker.
- Receives guidelines and goals on new assignments and is expected to develop their own plan to achieve these goals.
- Ability to manage an ad-hoc team of individuals in order to meet a project goal.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- At least 8 years of product experience and application development in the Industrial Automation, MES, ERP, or Enterprise Software fields.
- 2-years pre-sales experience.
- Data Science Capabilities in 1 or more of the following areas:
- Working Knowledge or experience of using modeling tools like Knime, Rapidminer, H2O, SAS etc.
- Experience with Machine Learning algorithms using Spark ML/MLlib, TensorFlow, R and Notebooks like Zeppelin, Jupyter.
- Experience in big data stores (in order of importance): Elastic, Cassandra, Hbase, Hive, HDFS, etc.
- Data engineering skills in using big data processing and streaming platforms Apache Spark and Apache Kafka, Hadoop. Other platforms will be helpful.
- Prior experience with data transformations, filtering, data aggregation is useful.
In addition, this position requires strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to communicate and work with a variety of people not under direct control in a fast-paced team environment.
- Be able to work effectively and proficiently with the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server (Configuration and development of SQL code)
- Cloud Computing (Microsoft Azure)
- Mobile Platforms and Devices (Windows Mobile, Apple iOS, Android)
- Familiarization with various Microsoft Technologies
- Visual Studio, SQL, SSRS, PowerBI, Office
- Programming experience in Java, C# or C++ or equivalent
- Has a Continuous Improvement Attitude
- Maintains their SME status in their Industry
- Stays current and be conversant with the latest relevant technologies and competitive offerings