The Digital Products Engineering team is transforming the digital customer and employee experience. Our team is composed of software engineers and architects all working together to create elegant solutions to complex problems. Tesla’s digitalportfolio is more than point in time technical solutions, combining sales, service and marketing operations, mobile apps, supply chain technology and ecommerce experiences into seamless customer experiences. We run lean, move quickly and pride ourselves on accelerating Tesla from start-up to scaled enterprise without losing our scrappy spirit.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Architect to join our team and help build the next generation of digital product solutions for our sales, service and marketing partners and customers. Our technical architects obviously need to be technology ninjas, but they also need to have crisp insights into our business at all levels, whether it’s our digitalsales motion, our global delivery and service model, or our unique approach to marketing. You will be challenged to turn technical solutions around quickly but thoughtfully, balancing speed to market with quality, longevity and scalability, all in the name of extraordinary customer experiences.
- Rapidly identify and evaluate several technical approaches to solve for business goals, and provide timely assessments of cost, risk, effort and technical debt tradeoffs.
- Specify and design technical solutions that add value and efficiency across business areas and systems. Evaluate and undertake impact analyses on major design options and assess associated risks. Ensure that the system design balances functional, quality, security, and systems management requirements.
- Actively participate in the ongoing evolution of our platform architecture strategy at all levels – application landscape, shared services, microservices, infrastructure, and security.
- Define, maintain, and manage architecture models, frameworks and artifacts (e.g. current and future state application architecture diagrams, data models, etc.).
- Collaborate closely with product management, solution architects and engineering teams in assessing various technical approaches against business strategy priorities and platform strategy.
- Actively engage with engineering teams in the development and implementation of solutions you have designed, providing guidance on technical best practices, design patterns and platform priorities.
- Develop and manage expectations for communication channels and/or stakeholder groups. Initiate communications between key contributors and stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact for cross-functional solution architecture. Facilitate open communication and discussion between stakeholders.
- Understand corporate data requirements (financial, legal, engineering, management), data models, and apply data analysis, and quality assurance techniques to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components in and across business areas/applications of expertise. Provide advice and guidance to BSAs/Developers and others using the data structures and associated components.
- Contribute to solution scoping and effort sizing with cross-functional teams.
- Lead efforts for new software selection including development of RFI/RFP, review and evaluate commercial software solutions, lead proof of concepts and development of evaluation matrix through final recommendation, including hands-on execution where needed.
- Stay informed on technology trends and product roadmaps to make strategic solution architecture recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or related field, or equivalent in experience
- Direct experience with product development in an enterprise setting, leveraging moderntechnology stacks and cloud-based systems such as Node.js, Java, AWS, AEM, Mule and Salesforce.
- Strong knowledge of various integration approaches such as microservices, messaging, event buses, queuing, API patterns, etc.
- Experience leading / managing an enterprise development work stream involving several systems, teams and user profiles.
- Strong understanding of agile methodologies and DevOps
- Ability to interact at all levels of the client organization
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment