We are a technology company that equips organizations to be agile and innovative, and for their people to be productive, creative and happier at work. That means moving them to the cloud, helping them build the workplace of tomorrow, and enabling them to make smarter decisions about their technology portfolio. By doing these things, we create success faster and in circumstances otherwise not possible.
We stand proudly for our people and support their success through career development and advancement. We are recognized and respected for our culture of inclusion and belonging, continuously striving to do what’s good for our people and communities.
The impact you will have:
Softchoice’s mission is simple: to help organizations use technology to become more productive, more competitive and ultimately, more successful. We want to ease the complexities of technology and provide the resources to push the boundaries of what IT can do for the more than 14,000 businesses we serve across North America.
As a Senior Technical Architect, you will help customers achieve their Digital & Hybrid IT. transformation goals by aligning and enabling a VMware Software Defined Datacenter strategy. You will help create and fully support opportunities and will be at the forefront of transformation.
This role can work remotely from any location in Canada or the US.
What you’ll do:
- Provide Pre-Sales Support to the sales organization and our customers across Canada and the US.
- Architect and position VMware solutions, specifically around VMware Cloud (VMC) and VMware Cloud Foundations (VMCF).
- Act as an SME for VMC and VMCF solutions and partner with internal Public Cloud SMEs on co-selling opportunities.
- Be the source of knowledge for VMWare pricing programs/buying vehicles, such as ELA, bid pricing policies and procedures, product promotions and deal registration.
- Perform pipeline management activities and manage, track and forecast sales opportunity pipelines.
- Analyze sales participation and proactively suggest opportunities for improvement.
- Proactively suggest and create new sales tools to increase product awareness.
- Leverage sales communication vehicles such as Playbooks, internal portals and newsletters to ensure VMWare messaging is included and relevant.
- Maintain up to date VMWare sales and technical certifications and attend VMWare, Datacenter and Softchoice meetings, trainings, and events where required.
- Travel to customer sites as required (within Canada and the US).
What you’ll bring to the table:
- A minimum of 5 years direct sales or pre-sales experience in the technology industry with strong focus on Virtualization.
- Possess a high degree of VMware portfolio knowledge including VMware Cloud (VMC) and VMware Cloud Foundations (VMCF).
- Technical Certifications from VMWare. Please include a list of current and previously held VMWare certifications with your application.
- Experience with VMware Cloud on AWS considered a strong asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and previous experience presenting to large groups.
- Experience working with a technology reseller preferred.
- Valid Passport and ability to travel to customer sites in Canada and the US.
- University Degree or College Diploma preferred.