This senior technical role within JDA's Professional Services team will have a focus on the Supply Chain Planning & Optimization Platform. The Sr Technical Architect participates in all aspects of the technical deliverables within a program/project to architect software solutions that meet the customer's business requirements and generate maximum value for customers. They may work on multiple programs/projects simultaneously within one or more industry verticals, and/or may work on multiple applications. The Sr Technical Architect provides direction to the on-site team on the technical design and definition and execution of related business process workflows that accompany the solution. This is a virtual role with 75% travel required.
Lead technical delivery for implementation projects for Supply Chain/Demand planning solutions based on JDA Platform. This would include (but not limited to) the following
- Conduct technical planning & analysis sessions with clients and/or the project team to understand the functional and technical needs of the client and develop technical solutions to meet those needs.
- Provide a technical support to the project team; including environment setup, software installation, configuration, batch automation and integration, troubleshooting, system testing, performance tuning, quality assurance/design review etc.
- Provide inputs to PMs / Client partners for developing project plans and ensure delivery consistent with the project estimates provided.
- Lead a team of resources (JDA, Partner and Client resources) to ensure satisfactory completion of all technical delivery
- Provide knowledge transfer / technical training on JDA solutions to partners and client resources as appropriate.
- Ability to travel 75% of the time.
- Must be available to work on projects at various, unanticipated sites throughout the United States and Canada.
- 9+ years of customer-facing Technical Consulting experience
- 7+ years of technical hands on experience with either the JDA SCPO platform OR comparable supply chain planning software.
- Experience with participating in design sessions, resolving technical issues during various project phases.
- Database skills on Oracle RDBMS – PL/SQL and SQL scripting, basics of database administration, familiarity with tools and utilities for diagnosing performance related issues with Oracle databases.
- Thorough knowledge of Operating systems - Windows, Unix and Linux. Strong scripting skills – Korn, Perl, Windows .
- Hands on experience with integration software tools such as Informatica, MuleSoft, or SAP BODS would be preferred.
- Development background with java is a plus.
- Proven experience conducting technical analysis sessions to understand the functional and technical needs of project requirements and the developed technical solutions to meet those needs.
- Experience facilitating/leading technical analysis and/or design workshops in support of desired to-be business requirements and then transferring the information gained into a written design document for group review and consensus.
- Ability to analyze and optimize components in order to take advantage of product specific databases and system configurations.
- Proven experience working in a temporary project role and participated to some degree in a solution implementation targeting specific project requirements as either a customer of JDA's or as a consultant providing services for customers.
- Ability to work with appropriate parties to effectively determine rough order of magnitude effort estimates.