Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Global Risk Architecture team is looking for a talented and highly motivated seasoned architect to join the team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and self-motivated individual with strong consulting, technology skills, commitment to quality, positive work ethic and a "can do" attitude.
In this position, you will architect platforms that impacts millions of users across the global exchanging billions of dollars every day. We are innovating decision management platform to provide safe digital payments ecosystem. Our platforms process massive data, runs sophisticated analytics and provide low latency decisions to detect fraud and provide insights to help improve user experience.
You will serve as a key technologist for Risk and Compliance Engineering teams who are responsible for:
• fraud detection, risk management and regulatory compliance services across PayPal – globally
• designing, developing, enhancing and supporting services that get called across every interaction between PayPal and its users and partners
Solutions built need to scale across millions of such interactions, working with petabyte plus data, integrating with various other APIs in real time and yet providing high availability and configurability to the business.
- Develop strong partnership with business, product and engineering leaders to define business, product and technologyarchitecture
- Gain deep understanding of domain and industry best practices to develop technical vision and strategy
- Define and maintain long term architecture (LTA) with 24 months outlook
- Effectively communicate technology strategies and trade-offs both up to senior and executive management and down to development teams
- Get sponsorship and alignment to ensure LTA is baked into product roadmaps
- Deliver exemplar architecture modeling using standard frameworks such as 4+1 view
- Review solution designs to determine their technical viability and their relevance to the business goals
- Responsible for creating simple API’s, easy integration patterns for external services
- Develop and govern repeatable design strategies and patterns to ensure consistent solutions
- Guide engineering teams toward a common methodology
- 10+ years of relevant work experiencerequired
- Fluency in C++ and Java
- Familiarity with new frameworks, platform trends in the space ofBig Data and Distributed Systems –Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Elastic Search, Graph DB etc. Lead variousTechnologyAssessments.
- Rationale for technology selection – What capabilities does the technology provide, where the technology is most useful and when to use it/when not to use it. Lead a team in utilizing technologies by discussing requirements, modifications and enhancements
- Understand technologyarchitecture
- Challenges in using such technologies
- Familiarity with architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, IEEE 1471, 4+1 Views and Archimate
- Documenting SolutionDesign andArchitecture
- Option Analysis and Recommendations with costs/benefits, high-level tradeoffs, constraints and assumptions
- Define/Refine Architecture Guidelines and Principles
- Detailed Designs (RESTful API design)
- Delivering proof of concepts and reference implementations
- Excellent communication skills; Verbal, written and presentation skills and interpersonal skills
- Mentor architects and engineers
- Cross-Functional collaboration with various stakeholders and partners (Business, Product, Engg, and Arch)
- Comfortable with context switching and managing across multiple priorities
- Make high quality decisions with limited information
- Thrive in an environment of constant change
- Be a quick learner undaunted by complex systems
- Experience in the payments or ecommerce industry
- Prior knowledge of Risk Management and Fraud Detection technologies in the Payments industry a plus
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.