Job Description Summary
Responsible for building and delivery of requirements after working directly with internal clients to understand the business needs for complex to highly complex projects. Coordinates and performs the data analysis required to identify required data elements, and create source-to-target mappings (including business logic) for data transformations. Supports and contributes to the entire project lifecycle, including providing consulting for and coordinating UAT. Provides consulting to junior analysts.
Essential Job Functions
- Leads the creation of requirements documents.
- Independently works with business partners to ensure that all business requirements are addressed by requirements documents.
- Ensures traceability by (1) checking the linkage of technical design to requirements, and (2) SIT test cases to requirements.
- Provides consulting to (1) system testing process, (2) implementation plan creation, and (3) conceptual approaches or architectures.
- Leads the resolution of issues discovered in user acceptance testing.
- Develops Strategy and architecture for Data Governance and Data Quality needs. Executes the strategy working with Business Data Governance groups inline with the organization`s business strategy and goals.
- Collaborates business owners to defines and establish data quality rules and definitions consistent with department and organizations strategies.
- Develops data quality metrics/ standards that identify gaps and ensure compliance with standards across the enterprise.
Other Job Duties
- Establishes data quality process, governance, and issue tracking process tools.
- Works with business and IT partners to remediate identified gaps using both manual and automated solutions.
- Establishes processes to continuously monitor data quality. Ensures processes are in place to proactively detect, correct, and prevent invalid data values.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus affecting the results of the operating area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- BIDM Independently provides feedback to data architects on architecture and high/low-level design documents, making suggested changes if/where necessary.
- Responsible for creation of (1) source-to-target mappings and (2) business definitions of required data and data transformations.