What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network, Inc. (FBN℠)!
FBN℠ was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
We are a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits and is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek.
SENIOR TECHNICAL ACCOUNTING MANAGER
The Senior technical accounting manager is a key position on the finance team and has the ability to meaningfully impact FBN’s continued growth. The successful candidate will be hard-working, highly ethical, and able to think and act both strategically and independently. This position operates in a face-paced environment and must be able to react quickly to support the company’s growth.
- Research technical accounting topics and draft position papers on topics such as purchase accounting, revenue recognition, derivatives accounting, lease accounting, stock-based compensation and new accounting pronouncements.
- In partnership with the Senior Manager of Reporting and Compliance, coordinate with external auditors, manage the audit process for areas within job scope, and provide audit supporting documentation for quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Prepare relevant schedules for quarterly reviews and annual audits; work closely with external auditors.
- Responsible for various month-end close procedures for main operating entities (stock-based compensation, purchase accounting and other technical accounting matters), including preparation of monthly journal entries, account reconciliation, analysis of results, and financial statements.
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements to streamline accounting processes.
- Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management.
- 7+ years accounting experience in the Big 4 and industry, including Form S-1 filings.
- CPA required
- Strong, in-depth knowledge of US GAAP, SEC rules and regulations, and financial statement preparation.
- Strong technical research skills, including experience with US GAAP and other accounting standards research related to revenue recognition and inventory accounting.
- Knowledge of revenue recognition, inventory, equity accounting, consolidations, international accounting, inter-company transactions and corporate accounting and reporting is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize, and adhere to deadlines in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Team player and solid communicator (written and verbal skills); strong interpersonal skills including flexibility and dependability; ability to maintain confidentiality