Sr. Technical Account Specialist, TCS
This role supports multi-national accounts (business teams), key development accounts and other customers as required. It provides technical assistance relating to West’s products, processes and services portfolio and assists in identifying and closing sales opportunities. This role also coordinates and administers projects, teams and studies in applicable technical areas and is the technical interface between the customer and West’s functions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: List primary duties and responsibilities of the job in order of importance and with percentage of time spent on each duty / responsibility. If this is a management level position, include supervisory responsibilities.
- Lead West customers (may include some Key/Global accounts) in technical matters relating to:
- Drug-closure compatibilityPackaging recommendations Component processing Functionality Product/packaging development Extractable/leachables and other test requirements Complementary systems, such as devices, safety administration systems, etc. Other information as needed to help assure West products will meet their requirements Take a proactive role as technical interface between the customer and West’s functions:
- Be an active part of the market segmented sales teamsSupport development of commercial strategies for products / services and customers Represent the Voice of Customer to the West organization Update the cross functional teams on technical issues/projects within customers:
- Interface with customers and account managers to obtain the background information and customer’s technical requirements on projectsAdvise on the status of and drive technical aspects of internal and external customer-linked projects Promote, present and actively participate in growing West business:
- Prepare technical presentations and training materials Lead technical seminars / symposiums with customers Educate customers on product applications Share industry insights with customersProvide blogs and other support to reinforce industry thought leadership
- Represent West in tradeshows, conferences, seminars and industry forums:
Prepare abstracts and industry presentations Contribute to generation of posters Present to industry Interface with industry leaders on technical topics Act as a liaison between customers, Sales and West Analytical Laboratories.
Build expertise in key market knowledge areas over and above the internal trainings. Be a subject matter expert for one or more West technologies or services.
Define all customer and technical criteria needed for new product launches, new products and formula development or other development projects. This includes an understanding of requirements by market segment for all West products.
Lead special projects as needed. Assist the Scientific Communications team in defining, writing and completing internal studies of West technologies for generating and supporting West Technical Reports, West Technical Bulletins and commercial literature.
Work with Scientific Insights Lab as needed on special customer projects.
Work closely with QA and Operations on change control and assist customers with technical aspects of change and FAQ as needed.
Work closely with all other members of Global Technical Customer Support team to assure open communication and a high level of effectiveness.
Work with global colleagues to streamline recommendations and customer experience
Performs other duties as assigned based on business needs.Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: List required education level and/or equivalent experience and any required skills or certifications consistent with West’s leveling guidelines.
- Education or Equivalent Experience: Bachelor's in a technical field (Chemistry/Biology/Engineering) or Master’s and 3 - 5 years of experience in related fields, eg. pharmaceutical or medical device industry.
- Experience: 5-8years of experience in technical support, analytical laboratory, research & development or engineering role.
- Skills & Competencies:
- Proactive, competitive, presentation, problem solving, communication, analytical, prioritization, project management, detail oriented, technical, personal accountabilityAbility to work autonomously in a fast-paced and complex environment with a self-motivated work ethic; utilize sound judgment with an ability to manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency
- Ability to comprehend technical information
- Experience in technical support, analytical laboratory, research & development, or engineering role.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to connect with others and effectively influence and manage key relationships across diverse organizational levels, business units and customers
- Ability to utilize sound judgment and manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency
- Ability to anticipate and identify internal and external client needs and make appropriate recommendations
- Possess the fluidity to balance multiple priorities, and plays a hands- on client support role
- Ability to work in a virtual environment in a global organization
- Excellent English language skills (written/oral)
- Willingness to global travel