The goal of the Senior Technical Account Manager is to establish a trusted partnership with Enterprise accounts and ensure they receive the full value of Forcepoint products and services. Exemplifying our corporate values of being Trustworthy, Collaborative, Accountable, Respectful, Innovative, and Relentless, the Senior Technical Account Manager (TAM) seeks to create customer success and achieve business objectives by providing both reactive support assistance and proactive services. TAMs serve as a strategic advisor to customers and offer project management, technology, product, and implementation expertise.
- Develops close working relationships with both Technical staff and Sr. Management within Enterprise accounts. Understands both the challenges their accounts face and the goals they want to achieve.
- Provides a holistic view of the customer account and proactively identifies areas where expansion opportunities exist and product value can be maximized.
- Owns and drives customer issues to resolution through own subject matter expertise and partnerships with Sales/SEs, Support Delivery, Professional Services, Engineering, and the Critical Situations Program.
- Responsible for proactive program deliverables including customer on-boarding, Health Checks, Architecture reviews/diagrams, Strategic Support Plans, and best practices sharing.
- Engages with Product Management to provide customer feedback and influence the product roadmap
- Partner with Engineering and QA to validate customers’ solution design including upgrade and migration planning.
- Drives critical escalation resolution plans. Assumes a leadership role in providing case status updates to Forcepoint management, account teams and customers. Identifies and documents risk, participates in Root Cause Analysis, and validates solutions provided.
- Develops and mentors other TAMs to help improve their technical knowledge, project management, and customer management skills.
- Develops technical webinars for internal and external use that can share lessons learned, applicable for both Enterprise customers and customers at other support levels.
- Conducts on site audits/reviews as needed.
- Performs TAM duties for 4 – 6 Enterprise accounts at any time.
- Support less experienced TAMs during complex customer engagements.
- Stays current on company and industry technologies.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
You are a problem solver. You have a strong technical background and work well under pressure. You act boldly, take initiative, and are comfortable taking calculated risks to achieve successful outcomes for your customers. You value teamwork, collaboration, and transparent communication. You take pride in delivering high quality work product, demonstrate extreme levels of accountability, and are results driven. You are detail oriented, curious, and passionate about building meaningful customer relationships.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Ten years’ experience in a senior technical support role managing large enterprise or very large enterprise customers.
- Proven track record of managing customer expectations and ensuring the highest level of customer loyalty
- Ability to engage meaningfully with subject matter experts in the following areas:
- Networksecurity solutions Firewall, IPsec VPN, IDS/IPS, SSL VPNetc.)
- Networking principles (Layer 2 and 3, TCP/IP, 3-way handshake, DNS etc.)
- HTTP protocol (Structure, status codes, authentication, etc.)
- Diagnosing network latency and intermittent issues
- Active Directory (Domains, structure, permissions, group policies, etc.)
- MSSQL fundamentals (Management interface, accessing logs, browsing databases, simple queries, permissions, jobs, etc.)
- Information Security Concepts
- Enterprise applications, including performance, interaction, and conflict/troubleshooting, with an in-depth understanding of server operating systems such as Linux and Windows
- Understands and can articulate the product line and architecture.
- Understands PII regulations such as HIPPA and GDPR
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects under tight deadlines with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to articulate technical issues in a meaningful way to both team and executive level
- Wears the customer advocate hat at all times