Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RIS) is seeking a Senior Level Reliability and Maintainability Engineer for Field Engineering (FE) Technical Support Services for the F -15 Fighter at Robins AFB, GA.
This Senior Technical Support Engineer I will provide reliability and maintainability engineering services to the F-15 and the US Air Force customer. As a Subject Matter Expert, the engineer will serve as a consultant to leadership to resolve complex obsolescence issues. Such resolutions may be through the identification and evaluation of a substitute part from a vendor that is approved for use in other systems, identification and evaluation of a new part from a vendor that is not approved for use in any other systems, initiating a redesign of the existing part, or identification of an alternative means of support. The engineer shall also be responsible for the review and development of standards, specifications, test procedures, and qualification requirements.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in logistics support of intermediate level or depot level military avionics repair programs.
- Experience with parts obsolescence mitigation support. Familiarity with the USAF/DoD engineering requirements, (Operational Safety, Suitability & Effectiveness (OSS&E)) requirements, MIL-STDs, Handbooks, Standardized Military Drawings, etc), and Military Technical Order system.
- Able to support the development of new qualification testing requirements.
- Able to understand and interpret, and draft changes to existing original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and USAF drawings, specifications, processes, and requirements, and to develop new drawings, specifications, processes and requirements.
- Familiar with Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) and USAF supply chain management (SCM) systems to include process, procedures, and forms, and with USAF, DLA, and vendor databases.
- Excellent communication skills, excellent technical research, and excellent technical report writing skills.
- Able to interface with vendors and the US Government.
- Able to determine first article requirements and perform Life-of-Type (LOT) analysis, and make projected LOT buy recommendations to provide continued support of the F15 avionics for its anticipated lifespan.
- Familiar with fundamentals of component manufacturing processes and qualification testing.
- Able to work in an interrupt driven environment.
- Able to interact with others and work in a team environment.
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technical Field or a minimum of 8 years experience and/or a combination of experience education and training may substitute for the degree.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Security Clearance Requirement: A SECRET Clearance is required. Thus, must be able to obtain and maintain a clearance.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.