Reporting to a Raytheon Precision Manufacturing Engineering Manager at the Lemmon Avenue site in Dallas, Texas, the Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Programmer will be responsible for writing CMM programs to machine complex high precision metal parts. This position will include:
- Defining and establishing metal part inspection processes that are cost effective and meet all quality requirements.
- Using PCDMIS to generate CMM programs for the production floor.
- Close interaction with personnel responsible for fixture design, manufacturing equipment programming, machinists and methods.
- Day to day interaction with Raytheon employees including all levels of Precision Manufacturing management.
- Changing and improving processes to increase productivity and competitiveness.
- Meeting cost & schedule commitments while maintaining the utmost standards for quality.
- Promoting a spirit of cooperation and following company policies.
- Working safely every day and supporting efforts to maintain an injury free work place.
- At least 4 years' experience demonstrating strong ability in creating PC-DMIS or equivalent CMM programming
- Must be proficient at reading and understanding written shop processes, engineering blueprints, engineering change notices, work instructions, procedures and routers
- Must excel at understanding geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with machinists, support groups, customers, and management.
- Strong problem solving ability in resolving complex problems arising during the fabrication process. Includes investigation and recommendations for productivity enhancements.
- Highly competent, trustworthy and self-driven. Sincere relationship management skills are a must.
- The ability to obtain and/or maintain a DoD Secret Security clearance
- 10 years experience is preferred.
- Experience with any of the following software systems/tools: Pro-Engineer, PC-DMIS,Unigraphics/Siemens NX
- Experience with/knowledge of the following support functions: Methods, Tooling and Quality Assurance