Sr Tech Mgr - Apps Prog (Distinguished Engineer)
Position: Sr Tech Mgr - Apps Prog (Distinguished Engineer)
Location: Charlotte, NC
Manages a function or unit within the technology environment. Manages associates and makes all decisions on personnel actions including staffing, performance management and compensation decision-making. Supports multiple systems through maintenance, modification and problem resolution to support ongoing delivery of services and/or operations. Manages multiple applications/ development projects, or single major complex initiatives if a small area of the development function. Coordinates resources across various applications, operations or projects. Manages budget, monitors progress and adjusts resources and priorities accordingly. May provide expertise in determining the strategic technical direction and system architecture for initiatives. Provides input on policy issues. Typically requires 7-10 years of applicable experience.
Specific Job Description:
We are looking for a Senior Web Development Lead with extensive experience in delivering high volume web applications. This individual will lead a team of developers delivering in an Agile operating model. This individual is expected to work directly with key stakeholders to understand the business requirements and design/deliver complex solutions, while utilizing best practices in order to ensure high quality software solutions.
· Responsible for leading application development for key salestechnology initiatives, including consumer research and purchasing experiences.
· Drive the successful rollout of sales flows to target state technology stack (Java and Browser technologies).
· Design and enhance architecture solutions across Consumer Salestechnology to ensure that our applications are stable, high-performing, and meet the needs of our customers.
· Serves as a key technology partner to DigitalSales LOB.
· Manages a large team (includes flex resources) working in a Lean-Agile execution model.
· Understands client & business partner feedback and works strategically with the business to evolve the technology enablement to create competitive advantage and improve client satisfaction in the marketplace.
Required Skills / Experience:
· Senior level technology manager with track record of performance for managing & influencing sophisticated, fast-paced business partners with competing priorities (previous experience as a senior technical lead, senior architect or application manager of web applications)
· Technical aptitude and knowledge of web technologies; deep knowledge of Java and UI
· Deep experience with web based applications
· Deep experience with Agile software development
· Excellent partner & teammate to peers; can influence & resolve across organizational lines
· Proven technology management discipline (financials, resource planning, ops risk/security)
Required Technology Background:
· Expert level knowledge of Java/J2EE
· Expert level knowledge of Java, Hibernate, Web Services (SOAP and REST), Messaging, Struts, Spring, Spring batch and other Spring related technologies
· Experience with Agile driven development
· Experience with RESTful Web Services utilizing JSON
· Experience with Spring frameworks, including Spring Security
· Experience with Responsive Web Design
· Experience with modern front-end approaches and frameworks (React, Angular, etc)
Desired Skills / Experience:
· Financial Services Industry experience