Specific responsibilities of the role include review or preparation of multiple major book/tax difference (M-1) calculations including Debt Hedging and Structured Note related differences that are calculated for quarterly financials and income tax estimated payments as well as related deferred income tax balance proofs; light monthly and more involved quarterly accounting for income taxresponsibilities for closing of the separate company books including preparation of quarterly regulatory taxreporting packages; review of separate company proforma and separate state return compliance including state apportionment; several special projects each year within and without their group; and basic tax research.
The candidate will have direct communication with associates with varying levels of experience throughout the company and with service providers, so great communication and teamwork skills are critical to success. Overtime required.
- Minimum 5+ years of public accounting or corporate income taxexperience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to analyze federal tax law and US GAAP accounting
- Extensive experience with MS Excel
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work load in a dynamic environment in order to meet internal and external deadlines
- Strong time management skills
- Master’s degree in Accounting
- CorpTax compliance software experience
- ASC740 experience
- Experience with SAP general ledger platform.
Job number: 18021180