- Prepares and files consolidated federal tax return (including installment payments, extension requests and supporting schedules), non-US tax and information returns, and various miscellaneous returns.
- Analyzes and accumulates accounting data to ensure reliability and substantiation for tax return and audit purposes.
- Prepares and analyzes tax forecasts. Accumulates and analyzes accounting data furnished by U.S. locations to ensure reliability and substantiation for management reporting purposes.
- Has working knowledge of tax concepts in order to effectively research federal tax laws, regulations and rulings in connection with compliance and audit issues.
- Actively participates in federal tax audits. Assists in the analysis, research and preparation of responses to auditors’ information requests.
- Actively assists in the maintaining and updating of the department’s tax calendar, tax procedures and tax compliance software systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Advanced degree, CPA, MBA, or Finance/Tax preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of tax experience in a multi-state, multinational corporation or CPA firm.
- Working knowledge of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles including accounting for income taxes (ASC 740).
- Written and verbal skills to enable clear, concise communication on both technical and non-technical levels.
- Individual must be results-oriented, detail oriented and have teamwork skills.
- This position requires excellent analytical, organizational and computer skills.
- Additionally, the position requires proficient use of software systems, particularly Microsoft Excel, Vertex and Hyperion.