- Monitoring appropriate federal, state and local tax regulations and obligations.
- Preparing appropriate tax forms and instruments for filing with federal, state and local jurisdictions.
- Helping junior staff learn the appropriate regulations, filing procedures and internal communication needs.
- Working with business units to keep them informed about tax implications of their operation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required
- 5 years - Work experience in a tax role of a corporate tax department or 4 years in a public accounting firm required
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and translate technical and/or or complex concepts into information meaningful to project team members and/or business personnel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Capacity to solve problems and manage multiple assignments with critical deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with both internal and external customers (i.e. BCBSA Association, regulatory authorities, internal and external auditors)
- Advanced understanding of financial and accounting theory, ability to research accounting guidance and apply as required
- Knowledge and application of federal and multi-state tax laws, regulations and procedures involved in various types of federal and state taxatio
- Tax research experience utilizing internet resources and on-line tax databases (e.g. RIA Checkpoint, BNA, CCH)