We are looking for a senior level accountant to assist the Tax Department with a wide range of tax and accounting related responsibilities, including ASC 740 income tax accounting, federal and state income and franchise tax compliance, and various tax planning projects. In this role, you will report directly to the Senior Manager, Income Taxes.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Preparation of quarterly and annual income tax provision, deferred taxinventory, tax reserve analysis, and required footnote disclosures in accordance with ASC 740 guidance and SEC requirements.
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations for tax related accounts.
- Accumulate, analyze, and process financial accounting data for preparation of all income and franchise tax compliance.
- Coordinate with external providers to complete all federal, state, and local income and franchise tax returns and related estimates and extensions.
- Lead preparation of income and franchise taxaudits information request.
- Maintain SOX compliance for all income tax accounting processes.
- Research, interpret, and comply with taxlaws and regulations and evaluate the tax impact of current and proposed company activities and transactions.
- Respond to tax-related correspondence and research issues.
- Other special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent, plus 7+ years’ experience in corporate income taxation or Masters in Taxation, plus 5+ years’ experience in corporate income taxation.
- CPA highly desired.
- Experience in income tax in “Big 4” public accounting firm and/or Fortune 500 corporate tax department is highly desired.
- Experience in all aspects of ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes, including but not limited to annual income tax provision accounting, interim income tax provision accounting, accounting for uncertain tax positions, tax accounting for stock based compensation, and tax accounting for business combinations.
- Strong knowledge of accounting theory and financial statement presentation.
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc.); including advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent organizational ability - able to handle multiple projects with a high level of accuracy and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to research taxlaw and reach conclusions.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.