SVB brings together entrepreneurs, investors, ventures capitalists, and private equity firms to move their bold ideas forward, fast. In the past 35 years, we have accumulated more experience with start-ups and high-growth tech than any other company in the world.
At Silicon Valley Bank, the Talent Development organization is growing and looking for a Sr. Talent Development Specialist (Instructional Design and Facilitation) who is passionate about delivering upon our business needs.
The Senior Talent Development Specialist for Instructional Design will be responsible for partnering with Learning Solution Managers, Subject Matter Experts and Media Specialists to create interactive learning solutions for SVB staff. This position is responsible for designing, developing and delivering effective and engaging learning interventions that impact performance. Utilize your creative skills to come up with innovative solutions to training needs. Adaptable and able to switch from designing technical and non-technical training for a variety of delivery methods including e-learning, online webinars, video and live sessions. Works with instructional designers and reports to the Lead Instructional Design Manager to ensure projects are well scoped and delivered in a timely manner. Job Responsibilities
Learning Solution Design, Development and Delivery: Create and facilitate learning interventions to improve organizational and individual effectiveness.
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience's training needs
- State instructional end goals and create content that matches them
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, etc.)
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner's performance and develop assessment instruments
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Facilitate training sessions as needed
Technology: Use technology effectively to support design and development of sustainable learning solution design.
- Identify appropriate interactive media to support content delivery, optimized for virtual and online delivery.
- Leverage appropriate multi-media development, ensuring solutions are scalable and sustainable.
- Develop and maintain instructional design / instructional media skills and knowledge.
- Use appropriate technology and processes to track and report progress against delivery goals.
Consulting: Consult with Learning Solution Managers, Media Specialists, business SMEs and other team members on the design and development of learning solutions.
Build strong partnerships with SMEs throughout discovery, design, development, piloting and delivery processes for effective learning solutions.
- BA/BS required. Instructional Technology, Multi-Media Development, Business, Adult Learning or related field highly preferred.
- 5 years of Training and Development, Adult Education, Multi-media design and graphics
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Adult learning facilitation skills
- Basic knowledge of online learning tools such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate, Storyline
- Solid knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System - Adobe Captivate Prime preferred
- Visual design skills and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts