The ocean drifter technology employs large arrays of inexpensive commercial-of-the-shelf sensors in a robust solar powered chassis for monitoring our ocean environment. A press release on this technology is available at:
We are currently releasing the product to manufacturing to support a small volume run to support our government customer’s second stage sea trials.
The ideal candidate for the position of Systems & Test Engineer is a self-starter who can develop and implement test solutions for design validation and factory test and work closely with the contract manufacturer to assure high quality standards in the products coming off the line. We are seeking candidates interested in delivering innovations and results that will make real impact upon the world.
- Create project plan, timeline for test development, and assess project risks and gaps.
- Develop, automate, document, and build production test systems and procedures for product manufacturing.
- Write and maintain software for automated test systems for development and production use.
- Conduct subsystem and system-level test, verification, and validation.
- Transfer test set-ups to CM and ensure successful operation of tests on CM production line.
- Create statement of work (SOW) documents for subcontractors, working with CMs.
- Work with research team to ensure product reliability by design, with test-coverage, and reporting via UART and other systems interfaces.
- Perform Gauge R&R Measurement system analysis to validate Production Validation Test (PVT).
- Contribute to design verification, reliability testing, failure analysis/corrective action (FACA) and manufacturing yield improvement
- Maintain compliance to quality standards and customer specific requirements as applicable
- Define, refine, qualify, and produce a durable watertight IP68 system
Requirements & Qualifications
- M.S. or B.S. in Electrical / Mechanical / Software Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related fields
- 5+ years experiences in test development and testing of products involving sensors and electrical hardware
- Deep knowledge and successful track record in test and validation of consumer IOT, wearables, medical, automotive, industrial, or marine services products.
- Hands-on production line test implementation, debug, and iteration. Experience at CMs and ODMs is highly desirable.
- Experience in software development using Python, and one or more of the following languages: LabVIEW, C, C++, and use of statistical analysis packages in MS Excel.
- Experience creating and reading schematics, Bills of Materials, component data sheets, and tools such as OrCad capture or equivalent.
- Experience with oscilloscopes, multimeters, and understanding SPI, I2C, and UART interfaces.
- Experience with IP68 enclosure testing highly desirable.
- Experience with leak testing, including the use of F28 air-leak equipment highly desirable.
- Experience with database structure highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience in device or system reliability testing and FMEA is highly desirable
- Experience in statistical process control (SPC), data analysis and qualification techniques
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Hands-on experience in collaborating with and managing outside vendors to specify, develop, and qualify products, production, and test solutions.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills in the English language.
- Communications with Engineers in non-English speaking countries, using translation apps, mathematics, computer code, data, and patience.
- Language skills in Spanish, Mandarin, Malay, and/or other languages are nice to have.