$80K — $100K *
Description:This System Safety Engineering position is for the Air Dominance Advanced Programs (ADAP). Candidate will review product systems, associated support equipment and facilities, functional specifications and operations, and establish safety requirements for assigned systems. Independently analyzes and recommends safety criteria in system design, equipment and procedures to control or eliminate hazards. Will perform hazard analyses including sub and system hazard analyses, bent pin analysis, software system safety assessment, hazardous material management planning and execution. Will support safety board activities. Develops safety documents as required to support customer and test/operational range requirements. Participates in accident investigations involving damage to products or related facilities and assists in identification of causes and corrective actions. Evaluates the interrelationship of system safety requirements and other aspects of concept design and development requirements to ensure the most cost effective program.
-Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
-Orlando is a city in the Central Florida area.
-This region is a great place to live and to raise a family. Central Florida offers lots of attractive residential housing options.
-The Greater Orlando metropolitan area is the sixth largest metro area in the southeastern United States.
-The climate here is warm and sunny all year long for the most part. Orlando is home to the University of Central Florida (UCF), Walt Disney World, and SeaWorld.
Where can you get to from Orlando?
-Orlando is about an hour's drive from Cocoa Beach and the "space coast" to include NASA and the Kennedy Space Center.
-Tampa is about 1 and ¼ hours from Orlando.
-West Palm Beach is about 2.5 hours to the south and Jacksonville is about 2 hours to the northeast.
-Atlanta, GA is 6 hours to the northwest.
• Ability to obtain Department of Defense Final Secret Clearance
• Developing and interpreting system safety / flow-down requirements
• Performing Safety Hazard analyses
• Software Safety analysis per AMCOM 385-17 and AOP 52
• Possess strong Computer Skills and Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of software products
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience with developing and delivering presentations to peers as well as management
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
• Secret clearance with current 6-year background check
• System Safety Program Plan Development
• Experience preparing for U.S Government Safety Review Boards
• Missile and/or launcher safety experience
Valid through: 9/23/2021
$80K — $100K *