Our team builds connected hardware devices and we are looking for a talented Sr. Systems Program Manager to join our growing Newark, California crew. The SPM oversees planning, implementation, and tracking the development of existing and new programs. This person has keen attention to detail. An excellent listener and communicator, who can provide clear and precise communication to a wide spectrum of individual contributors and executive management. The SPM should have a clear vision and understanding of high-level requirements, as well as able to deep dive into details and execute efficiently throughout the product development life cycle. He/she is organized, great at running day to day program activities, build planning, executing and managing risks to meet overall program objectives for Neato development projects. We are seeking self-motivated and proactive candidates with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.The perfect candidate understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty and demonstrates great teamwork
- Work closely with Product Marketing and Program Management to understand the product vision, and break it down into actionable requirements for the development team
- Work hands-on with the development team to prioritize, plan, and deliver product that meets requirements.
- Able to guide the team and facilitate in prototyping HW for demo and provide quick feedback.
- Able to provide risk assessment and,
- Work with design resources (internal and/or external) to ensure timely delivery of designs and assets to the development team
- Collaborate with cross-functional and geographically remote teams to define, design, and ship new features. Develop best practices in fast evolving and dynamic environments in order to ship new features, including effective bug triage and issue resolution
- Identify and manage risks and communicate status to project stakeholders
- Effectively communicate across the board (team members, vendors and to the executive management)
- 5+ years of project management experience, especially with web-based / mobile products
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and the marketing department
- Strong technical background in robotics, motion controls, sensors, mechatronics is a plus
- Comprehends and deals well with rapid changes and remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Able to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Serious consideration will be given to qualified candidates from computer vision fields with relevant hardware/firmware/software product development experience
- Experienced in setting up project schedules and work breakdown structures.
- Experienced working with ODM, OEM, CM highly desired.
- Ability to travel internationally to support builds.
5+ years of technical project management experience, especially with hardware/software development. Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science) is preferred.