Job Description Summary
As a Sr. Systems Integration Engineer at Gogo, you will be responsible for the full program life cycle of major airline programs. You will become a technical expert at the systems level within Gogo and gain exposure to various levels of company while partnering with internal and external organizations. The ideal candidate for this role will have an understanding of quality processes and experience leading airline programs. You will have the opportunity to experiment with new programming techniques, defect management and make improvements in software.
Candidates should be eager to learn and have a passion to explore and experiment with the latest technologies.
- Plan, schedule, and conduct all phases of testing- Integration/System Testing, Performance Testing, Regression Testing, Acceptance Testing, Verification and Validation, etc.
- Work with engineers and product managers to create, implement program test strategy and improve QA procedures and processes.
- Drive program readiness reviews, defect management decisions and improvements
- Technically skilled to drive reviews and communicate to customers
- Provide clear bug and issue descriptions with airline partners and assist in escalations as needed
- Perform both new functionality and regression tests and identifies, analyze and report issues using “JAMA” and “Jira” defect tracking tool.
- Provide technical feedback during Data Design/ Requirements/Service Bulletin reviews and provide presentations to various customers as well as others cross functional teams.
- Work on Linux and Windows based platform.
- Experience with automation (test scripts) preferably in python
- 5+ years of experience as a Quality or Software Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- An analytical, detail-oriented mind, as well as strong verbal / written skills
- Experience with scripting, Python or Java
- Experience designing and maintaining automated test frameworks (preferably using Selenium Webdriver and Page Object Model)
Gogo’s worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse group of technologists, marketers, strategists, and any other function you can think of- all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
We connect the aviation industry and its travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared for a dynamic ride with people who are passionate about what they’re building.