Xtreme Consulting Group is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer who supports the full systems life cycle in with our clients multi-platform environment by designing and maintaining an efficient and secure enterprise infrastructure that offers uninterrupted service for our customers. The Sr. Systems Engineer provides a holistic view of all enterprise systems and collects input, provides direction, and makes strategic decisions to ensure our infrastructure fits within our vision.
- Own at least two core infrastructure technologies: Active Directory, DNS, SCCM, Cloud, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, VMware, Scripting, Local Traffic Manager, Global Traffic Manager, Citrix, E-mail, FTP, UNIX, Linux, Windows Servers, Security & Compliance Standards, etc.
- Provide escalated systems support, problem resolution, and mentoring across the IT Division.
- Lead cross divisional enterprise infrastructure projects.
- Liaison and partner withEnterprise Architecture, maintaining the strategy and vision of our technology systems.
- Integrate and schematically depict systems architectures, topologies, hardware, software and signaling links into complete Systems configurations.
- Research, develop and communicate system roadmaps, opportunities and constraints to IT as well as the business.
- Partner with the security team to respond to prevent, detect and investigate suspicious activity in a timely manner.
- Possess and display expert skills in the following areas: technical troubleshooting, vendor management, customer service, communication and project management.
- Train back up personnel as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline required, or equivalent work or educational experience. Master’s degreepreferred.
- Minimum 7 years of technical engineering experiencerequired.
- Solid skills in Leadership, Project Management, Hardware/Software Design & Best Practice, Computer Security & Compliance and Enterprise Design required.
- In depth knowledge of enterprise datacenter technologies, desktop operating systems, end point management platforms (SCCM, Altiris, etc.) and mobile management platforms required.
- Advanced expertise in at least 5 infrastructure systems required.
- Professional certification in an applicable technology or project management discipline preferred.
- Experience supporting enterprise solutions preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of virtual desktop technologies, remote deployment, patch management and disk imaging, server virtualization technologies and server operating systems preferred.
- Experience implementing projects involving enterprise hardware and/or software technologies preferred.
- Knowledge of networking concepts (advanced networking/switching/routing) preferred.
- Proficient verbal and written skills required to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary and occasional travel.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, with bending and mobility to move large objects.
- Be available on an on-call basis to respond to pending issues or problems arising during non-business hours and provide support and response.
- Important skill sets.
VMware power CU
Develops Carbon Mythologies
NTFS file permission
Job ID: 10776