The Sr. Systems Engineer will be responsible for advanced level of securing, maintaining and monitoring the health of the server environment throughout the enterprise, which encompasses conducting utilization studies and the establishment of fault notification processes, analyzing data to recognize trends and create automated proactive measures to prevent application downtime. Provides second and third level end-user support and mentor junior members of the Operations team. This position will work closely with other members of the Ardent Information Technology team to support the overall mission of the company and its long-term strategic business initiatives.
- Required-degree in Information Technology / Computer Science or equivalent technical training.
- Required-MCSE 2000/2003/2008 and/or VCP
- Minimum of seven years experience in information technology, preferably in the healthcare industry
- Minimum of two years of experience working in a Citrix environment with an active role supporting Citrix.
- Project management experience as it relates to user and server migration
- Working knowledge and experience with ITIL foundation processes.
- Experience with SolarWinds Orion monitoring.
- Experience with Cisco UCS and IBM server platforms.
- Extensive experience with securing a Microsoft server environment.
- Additional Requirements
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft 2003, 2008, and 2012 Server.
- Extensive knowledge of core infrastructure services (DNS, DHCP, IIS, AD group policies, Exchange, File Services, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge supporting and administering enterprise applications such as VMware vCenter and ESXi, VDI solutions such as VMware View or XenDesktop, Rightfax services, Exchange services, Tivoli Endpoint Manager, and Citrix Presentation Server.
- Extensive knowledge with clustering and highly available network solutions across multiple data centers.
- Expert at troubleshooting complex problems.
- Broad knowledge of systems management, scripting and automation.
- Broad knowledge of storage solutions including SAN, NAS, CIFs, NFS, replication, deduplication.
- Strong working knowledge of Scripting.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws (HIPAA).
- Prior healthcareexperiencepreferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Provide advanced level of support for servers, storage systems and infrastructure services. This individual may lead and direct the work of others on occasion to accomplish the common goals of the Operations team. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements in addition to the below responsibilities.
- Assist with the implementation of new technologies and verify that all procedural documentation is accurate, and that knowledge transfer from the engineering team is completed prior to any technology being placed in the Production environment.
- Act as a contributor to enterprise level strategic projects, meeting milestone deadlines, and accomplishing project action items.
- Ensure that proper operating procedures are adhered to during the full lifecycle of all servers throughout the enterprise including documentation, server builds, server maintenance, monitoring, support, refresh/upgrades, and decommission.
- Required to administer data within corporate change, problem management and request systems; monitor assignment and completion of efforts documented in these systems; and properly escalate issues to management. Through escalations this role may serve as a point of contact for interactions with vendors on issue resolution.
- Installs various types of software including operating systems and applications on a variety of hardware platforms including system updates, patches and configuration changes.
- Analyze monitoring data to recognize trends and create proactive solutions to prevent recurring issues
- Maintain operations of enterprise shared services and assist application teams as needed
- Installs and maintains server hardware, system racks ensuring a visually clean and consistent environment. With installation and maintenance comes the need to maintain the asset inventory across the brand, including servers and software licenses.
- Facilitate training, coaching, and mentoring junior team members to promote their skills development.
- Serve as level 3 support of core infrastructure services utilizing the incident management ticketing system. Works closely with IT&S teams to resolve internal customer issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.