We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to join us as aSystems Engineer tosupport the design, development, verification & validation, and operationalsupportof the United States Space Suit.
- Real time mission support during Extra Vehicular Activities (EVAs), analyzing legacy hardware anomalies / life extensions / re-certifications / waivers, and development of redesign & upgrade hardware both for the current and future space suits.
- Systems engineering involves performing system development trade studies and optimization, development of concepts of operations, developing product requirements at the system/component level for mechanical/electrical/software, thermal/fluid/chemical system modeling, steady state & transient performance analyses, as well as component sizing.
Education / Certifications :
- Bachelors in Mechanical/Aerospace/Chemical/Systems Engineering with 5-15 years of experience.
Experience / Basic Qualifications:
- Experience supporting operational space flight hardware is highly desirable.
- Skills in DOORS & DXL, Matlab/Simulink/Simscape, Excel & VBA, CFD/FEA using SINDA/Fluent, ANSYS ICEPAK/CFX/Workbench, StarCCM+, Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), SysML, MagicDraw & Cameo Modeler also desirable.
- Relevant component hardware experience: heat exchangers, pumps/fans/separators/motors/motor controllers, chemical beds, sensors, valves, accumulators.
- Ability to work well both independently and within an integrated product development (IPD) team environment.
- Ability to lead a small team of technical associates.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent writing & math skills.
- Must be a US Person.
- Experience performing thermal/fluid/chemical analyses.
- Experience on hardware development program proposal/development/manufacture/verification/operational support.
- Experience performing system development/integration/architecting.
- Relevant system experience: thermal control systems, air revitalization systems (CO2/H2O/trace contaminant removal), pressure control systems, potable water systems, or other equivalent systems
Job ID 01299944