Strategic HR Outsourcing Solutions (SOS HR) is a boutique RPO (Recruiting Process Outsourcing) firm specializing in all areas of Human Resources and Talent Acquisition/Recruiting. Our core expertise is in the area of HR Consulting, Staff Augmentation, Recruiting from A – Z, and Professional Services.
We attribute our record of growth to our thriving base of highly motivated, results-driven management team, employees, and consultant. If you have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, great customer service and the willingness to learn, then we want to talk to you!
We have a customer that has the below need for a perm position at the Aberdeen Proving Ground in Aberdeen, Maryland. Must possess an active TS/SCI.
Join the Company's Engineering team to administer information systems that utilize existing and emerging cross-domain technologies for the Department of Defense (DoD). Provide knowledge and technical skills to implement strategies. You will support major system elements and/or interfacing systems while providing systems definition, trade-off and design support.
Key Job Functions
The Company's Engineering team seeks a System Engineer who can develop and implement strategic plans for information systems.
In this role you will:
• Provide project management support
• Interact with system users to translate requirements into systems, hardware, and software requirements and design
• Develop a reference architecture scorecard and other reporting metrics to evaluate solution compliance
• Monitor existing systems to ensure structural integrity
• Oversee the development and installation of new hardware and software
• Install and configure operating systems and other software
• Test installed software for glitch detection and other issues
• Assist in design and implementation of baseline platform to gauge performance and features of solution
• Identify test scenarios related to identified feeds and incorporate in the solution
• Conduct patch management of Linux and Microsoft products
• Troubleshoot at the physical level of the network
• Identify and document source data feeds for ingest and will integrate a mechanism to evaluate ingest and storage
• Understanding engineering disciplines, such as mechanical, electrical and computer engineering
• Configuration automation tools (Puppet Enterprise, Ansible, etc.)
• Managing projects that include inter-disciplinary teams
• Unix Variants (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Debian, etc.)
• Web Servers (JBoss, Tomcat, etc.)
• Understanding complex system development methods along with continuous-integration (CI)/continuous-delivery (CD) practices
• Detailed knowledge of modern software development processes, to include object-oriented development and use of tools, and how to apply them to software application program development
• Understanding of system testing practices
• Proficiency with databases and SQL
• Proven track record of success in installation and maintenance of LINUX-based software
• Exceptional networking skills and knowledge
• Experience creating automated scripts and software preferred
• Experience with architectural design and requirements decomposition of complex systems that include multiple programming languages to include Java, C#, Perl, Python and Jscript.
• Experience creating automated scripts and software
• General software management, systems planning, security principles, and systems planning experience
• DOD 8570 IAT II compliance requirements
An individual must meet the following criteria in order to be considered:
• U.S. Citizen
• Pass a background investigation
• Bachelor's degree in information systems or related field
• Possess a Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Security Clearance
• Ten years of experience in system engineering and IT support
• The ability to understand new concepts and apply them accurately
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Time management skills
• The ability to follow general and detailed instructions as well as organizational policies and procedures
• Travel up to 25%
We and our client are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.