Are you a bold thinker? We dream big at Sierra Nevada Corporation—advocating the exploration of space, keeping service members safe and creating the systems that keep our world united and sustain our way of living. Join our team! As a Systems Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to research, architect, model, simulate, test, certify and improve cutting edge products and services. You'll be developing complex system architectures within contextual modeling platforms, ushering them from operational concept through preliminary and detailed design, simulation, and test using progressive tools. As a cross-functional engineer, you are in charge of system-level ownership of new products and processes through the product lifecycle.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering, Physics or related discipline and typically 10 or more years of relevant experience.
- Desire for new challenges, to be on the ground floor of an exciting capability for our nation, and to be part of the initial cadre developing a new multi-domain system.
- Willingness to work on a small team performing complex engineering design evaluations for a diverse mission where everyone’s input matters.
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary design and development teams.
- Demonstrated experience in aerospace system technology maturation, development, design, production, test, or sustainment.
- Demonstrated, successful performance leading systems engineering efforts on a complex weapon system development program.
- Thorough understanding of systems engineering principles to include requirements analysis, development and design, integration, and Verification and Validation (V&V).
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in conducting analyses of kill chains and measures to disrupt kill chains.
- An active Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance required.
- Masters of Science degree in Engineering, Physics or related discipline and typically 12 or more years of relevant aerospace experience
- Advanced experience with requirements management and system modeling tools, such as SysML, Cameo Enterprise Architect, Teamwork Cloud, DOORS, Unified Architecture Framework, MATLAB, etc.
- Experience leading initial baseline definition and subsequent maturation in a complex development setting.
- Thorough understanding of establishing and tracking Technical Performance Measurements (TPM).
- Experience in advanced electronic warfare, optical and RF sensing, low observables, countermeasure systems or weapons integration experience highly desired.
- Experience in resilient multi-domain communication system analysis, design and test.
- Flight test, flight line and operations experience.
- Experience or certification in INCOSE standards