Are you a bold thinker? We dream big at Sierra Nevada Corporation—advocating the exploration of space, keeping service members safe and creating the systems that keep our world united and sustain our way of living. Join our team! As a Systems Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to research, architect, model, simulate, test, certify and improve cutting edge products and services. You'll be developing complex system architectures within contextual modeling platforms, ushering them from operational concept through preliminary and detailed design, simulation, and test using progressive tools. As a cross-functional engineer, you are in charge of system-level ownership of new products and processes through the product lifecycle.
At SNC’s Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) team we are an agile, high-caliber contractor that engineers, builds, integrates, modifies and supports turnkey air- and ground-based Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) products and services. Our years of experience supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers have established us as the systems integrator of choice. We take great pride in the customer mission we support.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in System Engineering or related discipline and typically 10 or more years of relevant experience Requirements Development, Design Development, Interface Documentation, Architecture Development, TRAX Documentation.
- Participate in Engineering Development Gates: PDR, CDR, TRR, etc.
- Configure roll-on / roll-off tactical communication equipment
- Support corporate wide strategy, plans and documentation for all network & telecommunications systems
- Evaluate new networking solutions, providing recommendations for design and solution strategies
- Design & manage network implementation projects in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Provide support to NCS Trax Team Developers, Program Managers, and Field Service Representatives
- Experience working with integrated Product Teams, IPTs, and Change control Boards
- Flexible work hours required
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance is required
- Advanced Experience with requirements management and system modelling tools, such as DOORS, Rhapsody, NoMagic, MATLAB
- Knowledge of industry standard mechanical design principles, to include, but not limited to requirements management, Model Based System Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience or certification in INCOSE standards
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Experience leading baseline definition and maturation in a complex development setting, including the use of high impact trade studies and other measures
- Thorough understanding of establishing and tracking key Technical Performance Measurements (TPM)