The Systems Engineer will be an integral member supporting the Sales Account Executive team in a Pre-Sales Capacity. He or she will support a Regional team. Travel to customer sites presenting Proof of Concepts; contribute in the design, planning, and implementation and training on the Extreme Networks architecture. We seek individuals who are dynamic, flexible and willing/able to work outside of their comfort zone.
- Assist Pre-Sales team in the design, planning, and implementation of a Secure Network Solution Engineer
- Provide consultative support for pre-sales, partners and customers on Extreme Networks Solutions
- Present at trade shows, seminars, and oversee internal demonstration facilities, etc.
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations to all levels of management
- Provide educational training on leading edge technologies/Extreme Networks products to presales.
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Expert in networking technologies with competitive Network industry and regional knowledge and experience
- Proven ability to effectively influence customer decisions and displace competition
- Thorough knowledge of security design features and ability to implement and perform analysis of network and systems security design
- Hands-on experience using security-related toolsets
- Demonstrated skills in troubleshooting and problem resolution in a network environment
- Keen ability to understand and analyze customer requirements and position the Extreme Networks Solutions effectively
- Ability to effectively demonstrate Extreme Networks products and Solutions
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex customer interactions in difficult circumstances and control customer expectations in order to maintain satisfied customers
- Excellent inter-personal, technical presentation and communication skills
- Proven team player
- Ability and willingness to travel within region up to 60%
- S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Network Certifications desired
In depth knowledge of two or more of the following networking technologies
- Network Access Control (NAC)
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention (IDS/IPS)
- Cloud technologies; AWS, Azure, GCP