We are a world-class team of professionals who deliver next generation technology and products in robotic and autonomous platforms and systems, ground systems, soldier systems, maritime systems, airborne sensors and payloads, processing and exploitation capabilities, and integrated C2 solutions. Much of our work contributes to innovative research in ﬁelds such as sensor science, signal processing, data fusion, artiﬁcial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and augmented reality (AR).
Our customers are always our number one priority and we consistently deliver Mission-Led Innovation to empower and protect our Defense and Security forces in the U.S. and abroad.
Your Contribution to Our Mission:
QinetiQ Inc. is looking for a Sr. Systems Design Engineer to support space development programs with hyperspectral sensor design, spacecraft integration and development of mission CONOPs. This position will initially support our Hypersat Program which is developing a next generation high resolution and high spectral fidelity satellite constellation for commercial and defense applications. Prior experience developing systems within the design, launch and/or operations lifecycle of a low-earth orbit (LEO) spacecraft is expected. The selected engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Conduct and guide all facets of satellite systems development engineering to include requirements management, hyperspectral payload design (to include optics and digital focal plane arrays), LEO space-tolerant on-board electronics and processing, mechanical and electrical subsystems, bus interfaces, thermal management and system integration.
- Manage payload and spacecraft interfaces, assembly, integration, test, and performance validation from subsystem level up to overall system level.
- This role may require occasional travel (<20%).
To Land This Job, You Need:
- A BS degree or equivalent experience in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Physics.
- 10 years of progressively responsible professional systems engineering experience and applicable direct experience with earth-observing instruments with emphasis on space imagers and digital focal plane design and qualification.
- Knowledge and expertise in several areas of the space instrument systems life cycle including requirement definition, design, modeling and simulation, subsystems development, Space components selection and space qualification (e.g. radiation hardened), testing, verification and validation, operations, maintenance, and in-orbit mission support.
- Proven ability and motivation to work effectively and collaboratively with Government, Aerospace and Contractor personnel.
- Self-sufficiency, initiative, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
Job Type: Full Time
Clearance Level: Must Be Able to Obtain:
Why QinetiQ Inc.?
- Your work will contribute to the protection of American Warfighters and Security Forces.
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology.
- Extensive opportunities for continuous learning, professional growth and advancement.
- We only hire the best! No matter if you are entry or senior level, you will have the opportunity learn from some of the best in the industry.
- We have fun! We regularly have company events, from luncheons and costume contests to golf tournaments.
- We care about YOU and YOUR FAMILY. We offer competitive benefits and health insurance options.