Sr. Systems Engineer
The Systems Engineer will be supporting the Technical Director of a large multi-disciplinary team of engineering professionals that are helping solve the most critical cyber challenges for the United States Government.
The candidate will implement and improve upon established procedures while performing a variety of tasks related to leading the technical execution of a high-visibility program. The candidate will be relied upon for their detail-oriented approach towards accurately understanding the complex system. The ideal candidate thrives on being challenged. Overall, the candidate will become a key part of elevating the efficiency and performance of the entire growing team.
The Systems Engineer must have extensive experience in the following areas:
- Analyze customer requirements that are often generic and abstract
- Drive requirements down into testable thresholds and objectives
- Support the presentation / defense of the derived requirements to the customer
- Functional and physical decomposition of complex hardware/software systems
- Develop end-to-end solutions of enterprise level private cloud systems and advanced computer platforms
- Creation of various types of diagrams using tools like Microsoft Visio
- Support the presentation / defense of the designs to the customer
- Provide consultation to teams performing research on the next-gen system
- Review incremental progress and technical reports for completeness
- Support the presentation / defense of the research to the customer
- Provide consultation to teams performing technical writing
- Review user guides and test documents for accuracy and completeness
- Support the editing / delivery of artifacts to the customer
- Organize and lead technical teams
- Lead agile development scrums
- Mentor junior engineers
BS/MSdegree in Engineering or Computer Science (or related field), and 12+ years of related work experience with at least 5 years’ experience as a system engineer.
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials. A security clearance is required for the position.